11

A//N:

Hello!

I was pleasurably surprised to read that you like Blaise the most. I thought that since he tends to be quieter and less funny than other characters the answers would be different. Of course I would have been happy either way, they are all my little beans. But I do have a special spot in my heart for the character you're about to meet ;)

Anyway, enough of my blabbering.

Please enjoy!

11
Haven

THERE WAS A LARGE MANSION in the outskirts of a small town called Ripley. It was a Victorian house, always causing curiosity to those who happened to be driving to the far end of Whipley lane. It was Ala sumptuous house, with dark walls and grey roof no one knew nothing about.

Once, some young adults had decided to sneak inside the property after having a little too much to drink. Using the roofs of their cars, they'd jumped over the walls and snuck around. The young kid living in it - four years old at the time - had been playing in the garden alone when those few drunks had appeared in his peripheral vision. Terrified he'd ran to his mother, and the woman had promised death to those who'd offended her child with words neither of them had ever heard before. But the head of the household had opted to take a different approach, one that'd bring a smile back on his boy's frightened face.

At first no one had listened to the young adults when they returned to the town looking traumatised, blaming the alcohol for their sick creativity. But slowly people had started wondering, and take the longest routes to catch a glimpse of the allegedly haunted Mansion on Whipley lane. Every single time the owner would make sure to give them what they wanted, laughing with his family at the sight of those simple minded people running away.

Soon, rumors that the Manor was actually haunted began to spread. And even if the last paranormal phenomenon dated to almost five years ago, the townsfolk still loved to brighten their days by talking about it. They met in the town's pub, creating conspiracies, wondering why no one had ever seen the owners leave through the iron gates. Now everyone considered the presence of ghosts a solid fact. And Blaise couldn't have been happier about it because no one dared to get close to his home anymore - even during those times when the house was vacant, which was often.

Because everytime Elaine remarried they'd move out of it for a few months, and then return when she was widowed again. They'd inherited all of those houses, but only the one on Whipley Lane was home. Blaise felt at ease there, he knew exactly where each hallway led to, what he'd see when looking out of the large windows, and most of all, could walk around his two stories library and say what books could be found in each aisle.

But of course, his safe haven was flawed. And it was exactly that small, insignificant flaw that Blaise continuously dismissed during the holidays.

"Loathsome creature... I'll manage on my own." Blaise told the House Elf when he offered to take the dirty plates Blaise was carrying to the sink, completing his actions by pushing the creature away with a kick. The House Elf fell and quickly bowed until his crooked nose was touching the grass. His face though was highly sour.

Uni was one of the few House Elves bound to the Zabini family. Not by choice. They all once served other families but were part of the inheritances Elaine had obtained with all of her marriages, and Uni was by far the one who hated them the most for it. Blaise had heard him utter spiteful words against him, but especially his mother. He'd ignored him at first, as Elaine preferred, but when he'd heard Uni define his mother a disgusting whore he'd lost it, and then the insults and occasional kick had begun.