9

9
Wack-what?

IT WAS QUITE CONFUSING and unsettling to witness Theo fix himself a plate of what he apparently considered a normal breakfast.

A boiled egg was followed by a slice of chocolate cake, then a scone, and lastly, another boiled egg. If my mother were to look at Theo now. Blaise thought. He figured she'd probably be furious. Elaine was always careful about what she injested, and she'd be appalled by the fact that a boy as thin as Theo could eat this much without consequences.

"You'll get used to it eventually," Nina said, grinning as she noticed Blaise's disgusted face.

A loud hoot was followed by many others. Owls swarmed inside the Great Hall, dropping packages, letters and a Christmas presents. A stoic looking owl graciously landed next to Nina, dropping a magazine in her lap. Theo tipped the owl with a sickle, and the animal flew away.

"Here," Nina said, slapping the magazine again Theo's chest, it was a potions magazine, but from her actions she seemed far from interested to read it, while Theo was quick to open it and give it a quick glance.

"You have magazines delivered to Nina's house?" Blaise said, Theo nodded, "why?"

"Because Theo secretly lives under a rock." Nina said. Blaise squared Theo up and down, thinking that it'd actually make sense.

Five minutes laters the tables were cleared, Theo complained he hadn't finished his juice. Most students left, but Blaise, Nina and Theo placed their books on the table and began doing their homework. Blaise managed to work uninterrupted for about thirty minutes, before Theo broke the beautiful silence that had formed.

"I wonder what teachers do during the summer."

He decided there was no point in answering Theo's question and kept his eyes on his work while Nina made a disgusted sound, so loud a few people inside the Great Hall turned to look at her. "You just brought me to a very dark place, Theodora." She groaned.

"And I think I just died a little," Theo mumbled in resignation.

Nina ignored him. "Professor Hagrid laying on a beach, doing - "

"Stop," Theo gagged, while Blaise gave her a warning look, "bloody hell, Selwyn. Do you take pride in scarring us with your weird fantasies?"

"I didn't say anything, you two are the ones with a dirty mind," Nina growled in return, before a grin stretched on her face, "especially Zabini, you're too bloody quiet during this conversation."

"That doesn't mean anything, he's always quiet," Theo said. Blaise shot him a glare but indeed remained silent.

"Are you jealous I called Zabini dirtier than you, Nott?" Nina laughed, dipped her quill into her bottle of ink, then loomed her hand over her parchment before dropping the emerald feather. "Seriously though, they're always busy teaching and correcting essays..." she shrugged, looking amused. "They probably just enjoy a lot of long awaited - "

"Nina!" Theo hissed.

"They sit in their chambers and spend their time being bored." Nina said sharply.

"Like someone whose name rhymes with Maise." Theo sneered, though there was a note of playfulness in his tone.

"You're hilarious, Nott." Blaise said flatly.

"And you still aren't." Theo returned.

"Blimey, I kinda hope they do now." Nina continued.

"I'm scared to ask you what you mean by that," Theo told her, then looked at his essay and, as if he'd just remembered what he was meant to do, huffed loudly. "Work your mind, you two, what do you think happens to me on December 25th?" he asked while gesturing his Divination homework. "Be creative, and make it interesting."