6

A//N:
Hello!
Here we go, to one of my favourite chapters. Sorry it took me so long to post it, I sort of forgot... my bad.
Let me know what you think of it, I truly am curious.

Enough of my blabbering, please enjoy!

6

Zanini, Teddy and the Troll

"JUST YOU TODAY? No candid companion at your side?"

Blaise responded to Theo's comment with a shake of the head. He highly suspected his roommate's sudden interest in him was an excuse to postpone having to do homework, but he wasn't complaining.

"Only me," Blaise said as he grabbed his schoolwork, he made it to leave, but then damned himself because he didn't want to. He sat on his bed instead, ignoring Theo's puzzled look for the first few seconds, then scowled when the staring continued. "What do you want?"

Theo raised his hands, his face annoyed. "Chill out, I'm just shocked you'd actually bless me with your presence."

"It is my bedroom too," Blaise retorted, pretending to study. He was losing confidence in his idea. He had no clue of how to do small talk, and the awkwardness in the room was slowly killing him.

Theo stared at him for a moment longer before he let out a quick 'okay' and spun around in his chair. Blaise heaved a silent breath, and forced his attention to return to his homework. Soon the embarrassment left his mind and he began writing his Transfiguration essay, but his concentration was quickly disrupted by Nott's continuous huffs and groans.

"So whose cat was it?" Theo said suddenly, now sitting on his chair with his chest pressing against the backrest. Something about his tone of voice reminded Blaise of Clementine, only he didn't know if the thought put him more at ease or annoyed him.

"No one's," he said without raising his eyes from his work.

"I never made you for an cat lover."

"And in fact, I'm not."

"But it was circling around you like you were the moon."

"The sun, you mean. Or the planet earth. Even Mars, but definitely not the moon, that's a satellite."

"Right. Do tell me," Blaise begrudgingly raised his head. "Are you perhaps related to professor Binns?" Theo asked.

"No," Blaise said flatly.

Theo hummed. "Then there's really no explanation of why you're boring me with useless lectures."

Blaise clenched his jaw, feeling the sting more than he liked to admit. "I didn't exactly tell you something out of the ordinary. And we have astronomy once a week, there's really no reason why you wouldn't know this."

"Piss off, only you and Granger the Mudblood care about Astronomy. " Theo sneered, "look around next time you're in class, chances are you'll see Selwyn or Bulstrode make a brilliant impersonation of you."

Blaise's brows knitted. Theo scoffed. "Blimey, for being a smart-arse you do miss a lot of what's going on around you."

Theo then turned around, and again the two students were silent and ignoring each other's existence. The last words Nott had said were still floating in the air though and bouncing around Blaise's head. And in that quietness, he began to feel in the wrong. He was after all always the one to leave the room to avoid proximity, and so he left now, quickly and silently, so much that Theo almost didn't notice.