1• New Start

Chapter 1• New Start

Here it is, the house I grew up in. The house with all my childhood memories, good and bad ones. The start to my teenage life. Bringing my bestest friends ever in here, sneaking out at night, stupid truth and dares, ahhh.

This house had become a piece of me. I felt like it shaped who I was today. And today, we're leaving it.

I felt a pang of sadness. I realised I was just staring at a house that we haven't even left yet, missing it already. Then someone interrupted my thoughts.

"Isabella, stop daydreaming again! We need all hands we can get, we were supposed to leave half an hour ago!" The beautiful sound of my mothers voice.

"Ok I'm coming, and please, call me Ella for the millionth time!" As if it was the most important thing, I had to say it.

I turned around, mentally saying my final goodbye to my childhood and teenage home.

I hate how I get so attached to things.

About 20 minutes later we were on the road. My dad had already left earlier this morning, so it was just my mum and I.

The 8 and a half hour car ride to our halfway point was a drainer. Mum blabbers on about how beautiful Queensland was, the house she chose, and more. But just after crossing the boarder of Melbourne, Australia, mum let out a sigh and so did I.

My mum pulled a face, preparing herself for her own words, and said "Goodbye cold Melbourne, hello beautiful Queensland.... We're coming for ya Brisbane!"

I fell asleep the rest of the drive with my phone and a packet of grain waves in my hand.

That night we stayed at a random hotel on at about the half-way point, seeing as the drive as too long to do in one day. We planned to get up nice and early the next day to drive to our new house and get there around mid-afternoon.

*~*~*~*~*

"Isabella, honey, Isabella, wake up, Isabella, we're here sweetheart. My god Isabella if you don't wake up I'm going to pour my water on you and your device... Thing"

She waited.... And then I barely heard her declare; "That's it!"

I didn't hold back my scream. "WHAT THE FUDGE MUM?! You could've ruined my phone! And then what would I do?"

"Hmm.. I don't know, maybe you would REALISE THAT WE ARE HERE!"

We're... what? Oh, right! We're here! Where's Bridget! I need to see her!

You see, Bridget is my best friend since primary school. I trust her with my life and vice versa. She moved to the same town we are at 2 months ago. Just so happens that my family couldn't handle it when we were apart, so we moved here. Of course that's not the only or - for my parents - most important reason, but that's one of the top reasons I want to be here! I also find it fortunate that we have family up here, but we have family all over the country so as much as it's absolutely fantastic, it's no surprise!

I got out of the car with my hair dripping and a wet patch all down my back and on my chest. But the unusual warm weather dried it fairly quickly. Even in autumn the sun was out and even though it was raining lightly, it didn't seem to bother me. All I cared about is the glowing sun....

I looked around briefly and noticed we had stopped close to a buzzing street. There was a milk-bar and a few others shops that I could see lining the main road. Surprisingly, there was quite a few people walking around, some holding umbrella's.

"ELLA KAGE! IS THAT YOU?!" Before I knew it, Bridget was hugging and kissing my cheeks, non-stop for about 2 minutes. When she finally loosened her grip a little, noticing I was struggling to breathe, I was able to return a tight hug that left her suffocating aswell.

"Yes. Yes, it's me, and it's you, and in so happy!"

It's just us. Us and our families. Everyone else was unfamiliar and giving us uncertain glances at our over-reactions.

"So how have you been, Bridget? You have to tell me everything, including what the school is like aswell!" When she heard me say 'school' she lost eye contact with me. We went into conversation chatting and discussing about what's been happening in the past 2 months, even though we have spoken on the phone at least every 2 days. But it was so exhilarating to see her in person again!

I have a good feeling about this place, just me and my bestest friend, and no more all-to-familiar reserved, awkward little Isabelle Kage.... In fact, just that in it's self is a reason why here is better.

*~*~*~*~*

Bridget came with us to our new house, and we met my ecstatic dad there aswell. Most of the main furniture was already set up. Not that mum or I was happy with exactly where he put it and placed things. It doesn't matter, it is fine for now and he did his best job. The house is quite lovely, I've claimed my room upstairs (because obviously it's double story) and I'm actually excited to start a new life in this house.

Mum went out and bought some Chinese for dinner and we sat at the brand-new dining table, chatter filling the air full of excitement.

~•~•~•~•~
A.N:

Thanks for reading guys! If you wanna get to the good parts, please read on! Really hope you like this story, as I said it's my first time writing, and I know this chapter is very short!! Sorry!

Btw guys, incase you were wondering, the guy in the cover is *UPDATE: the guy in the cover was* Julian Gabriel... And I know some of you may start looking him up right now and so that you know, he's gonna be the guy I introduce later.

The girl will be my next cover for the chapter if I figure out how to do it... Eeeeekk...