Chapter 2

Sasha looks so gorgeous in the pic above, may I just say :D

It was a strange concept, grasping that according to legends, at the age of sixteen, I would be fury and standing on four legs. I grew up, without the knowledge of on my sixteenth birthday instead of having a party function like a regular human, instead my body should have been preparing for the excruciating pain of breaking every single bone in my body in return of turning into a dog whenever I chose.

Some were born to become such a interesting creature, intrigued by the advantages it had to offer. Eyesight like a hawk, which came in handy if you were clumsy and had a habit of loosing your cellphone, also known as myself.

Strength, the average could only dream of pursuing and the benefits of smelling a freshly cooked meal, miles away or even your bedroom, which came to good use.

Over my short life span, I've learnt there's always a catch in life. For example, werewolf's live among in packs, which always consist of an Alpha, meaning the Alpha takes responsibility in leading the pack through safety and caution on attacks and technically has the right to boss everyone else around. During the ritual ceremony Alpha's choose an Beta who is next in line for the Alpha position, they often choose someone close to themselves. Characteristics such as trustworthy and brave, also devoted to the Alpha.

In my opinion who would want to be and Alpha or Beta? So much responsibility for lives of other pack members.

After the attack against our old pack and the devastating loss of my Mother, my Father finally decided he couldn't live on with the memories in that small town. So conveniently when an old friend of his recently joined a new pack, he welcomed us with open arms.

As my wolf nuzzled into the long grass, we each felt at piece, staring at the scenery before us.

There was a freshly kept pond, full of life and energetic fishes. I also noticed some long neck turtles as well, beauty shone brightly in this particular moment. I was just enjoying to take the time and gush over the small creatures, wondering what their lives were like. Did they have parents or did they fend for themselves, like the ravages some of us earth people are? What was their perspective on life, do they dread waking up the next morning? Have they found that once in a life time love?

It was refreshing to imagine their daily battles, rather then the reality of my own.

Acres were never a big debate in a werewolf family, they were just very necessary. Our wolfs demand to roam free and explore the wild nature, the world has to for fill our inner demons.

***************************************

Escaping the overcrowded house was one thing, being blackmailed into shopping with Theresa was on a whole different world of crazy.

New clothes, uh hell yes!

Spending quality time with the evil stepmother? Can I get a 'I hate my life'?

"Lyric, I'm sure you'd be interested in some new decorations for your room, and what daughter of mine doesn't like new clothes?", he smiled encouragingly. "Theresa would be thrilled to keep you company."

Like hell, the bitch would, all she ever wants, is to please my Father. I would rather stab my freaking eyeballs, than listen to what color heels she preferred.

"No seriously Dad, I can't...", I started, fidgeting with my locket that loosely hung below my drastic collarbones. "You see, I've got lot's of unpacking to do still and school's in a few days-"

"Nonsense, you'll have plenty of time for that!"

Ugh, why couldn't someone else be stuck with Theresa? Her fashion sense was horrific, first of all. I mean, neon yellow crocs and overly baggy grey track pants, have got to offend some criminal law! A danger to the public eye is what she is, her exaggerated blonde extensions, were obliviously fake. Dad always had a ridiculous yet unwanted urge to retell how her dull blue eyes were what first caught his attention. A barbie doll is what she resembles, a rejected one, that causes little girls nightmares rather than joy.

"This is going to be absolutely fabulous! We can get all pampered up, what d'ya say Lyric? Manicures and new hairs to shape that beautiful face of yours?", she squealed like a schoolgirl.

Why couldn't someone else be stuck with this evil soon to be step monster? I dread the day of watching them kiss before walking merrily down the aisle.

"Uh yeah, I guess."

"So it's settled", Dad piped up, snapping me out of my trance. "I'll make a start on dinner, while you both plan your day out tomorrow."

Oh how I wanted to furiously scrub that smirk of my Father's face, but instead I was forcefully dragged into an unwanted conversation with the wickedest witch of them all.

I hope you all like the new cover, I had made :D

Short update cause of assignments, but I'm happy with the end result

Please don't be a silent reader <3 LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLL