❄5) Learning 🍀

Start from the beginning

She had driven Tanjirou insane with the concern of her wellbeing, and as much as you wanted to let him know she was, in fact, okay, you didn't.

'That is his form of motivation to try harder...' You got into your futon, 'And mine is to see Giyu again...'

/////// 2 months later...

Both you and Tanjirou had started training higher and higher up the mountain, the air so thin, it could kill a normal human. But because of your extensive training and breathing techniques, you and Tanjirou had no struggles.

Other than some of the death-inducing traps your beloved trainer left for you here and there.

"What the heck Urokodaki!?!" Your heart nearly exploded, as you had to dodge various rays of reflected sunlight, all at weak points of your protective outfit.

"You think that's bad? He used the spikes on me again!" Your training partner cried out.

Despite your deadly experience, your teacher had shocked both of you, "I have nothing more to teach you."

You both were in disbelief as he lead you both to a giant boulder, "Can you take what I have taught you and bring it to the next level."

You all stopped before it, "Tanjirou, if you can split this boulder, I will approve you for final selection."

"What about me?" You stood forward, "Will I not do something to prove myself?"

"You will (Y/n), " He shoved Tanjirou down, "... Heal him."

You gasped as he uncovered your hidden ability.

'How did he-'

"Excuse me for doing so, but I saw you all those nights, checking Nezuko's heartbeat... Even healing Tanjirou's wounds from the day in his sleep so he can try harder.. You really care about them don't you."

It was all true.. You were taught all the healing techniques you knew by your mother. It was the speciality of your family; The 'Goddess of Spring'. That was your destiny all ruined because of what you were now..

A demon.

You almost fell to your knees, "But how can a demon like me... Be such a goddess.." You broke down, tears falling from under your mask, "I'm shameful."

"Y-You're not (Y/n)! You're kind, and you've helped me and Nezuko so many times!" Your eyes widened and your tears stopped, "I think you being a demon is amazing... It shows how merciful you are."

You blushed, heart once again giving away how you felt, "Tanjirou.."

"N-now heal me, please... So I can cut through this boulder!" He sat up, clearly in pain.

Your teacher took his leave at this moment, only you realising.

You clutched your yukata, in the same place (near your heart), it was almost like seeing anyone in pain was your weakness.

"Okay!" You ran over to him and ignored how much your heart was beating, holding onto his hands.

Even in his pain, the boy looked away, "S-So you held my hands like this, in my sleep.."

You laughed, "As long as there is physical contact with skin, I can instantly heal by my will... So it was my choice to hold your hands." He momentarily passed out, and you slapped him awake.

"Baka!" You stood up, and he leapt to his feet, "You're all good now."

"I feel so much better!" He smiled, taking out his katana, "But still, I don't know if I am good enough.."

You frowned as every day he constantly slashed at the rock, criticising himself and reading his journal from that day onwards.

/////// 6 months later...

It had been half a year and you stuck by Tanjirou's side, always healing him when need be. It seemed that for now, you would be his helper. But your special Snow technique was always perfected by training.

Today was no different...

"(Y/n), I'm beginning to worry..." He dropped his weapon, "Am I not good enough?" He fell to the ground and you dropped your katana.

"Tanjirou, don't say that!" You ran to his side, "You can do this..."

"I have to try harder!!!" He cried out, completely unaware of the male with peach coloured hair perched upon the rock.

Of course you saw him, you're always on alert now.

"Silence!" He bellowed, "A man shouldn't whine... It's unseemly." Tanjirou looked up in surprise, he couldn't smell him, and neither could you.

"And stop healing him so excessively!" You flinched as he jumped down before you, "If you want him to learn, then you have to let him get hurt!"

Your heart sped up again, "Y-You're de-"

He placed a finger to his fox mask, turning to Tanjirou, "Whatever the suffering, bear it in silence. If you're a man."

He took out his wooden sword, "Or are you still a boy?" Moving at incredible speeds, all you felt was a gust of wind, and the man had tackled your partner down.

"Tanjirou!" You stood still, vulnerable without your weapon.

"You're slow... And weak... And immature." He clutched the hilt of his sword,

"You'll never be a demon slayer."

A long chapter to make up for the last!

So I touched on the background of your family. ('Goddess of Spring', you queen!👑)

You possess a healing power, and have a different sword style; Snow!

Watch out for the next chapter!

Thanks for reading :)