Chapter 29 - A new dawn.

Start from the beginning

"If there ever was an indication of a twisted mind, there it is," I reply.

"I don't know what I will be going through now if I had killed my mother and brother. Thank you for stopping me, guys."

"You're welcome. As I said, I know what you were feeling. The betrayal, the rage, the hurt you just want it to stop. Did you know Julian and I are double cousins?"

"Double cousins?" I ask in confusion.

"Yes, his mother and father were younger siblings of my parents. My mom used to say that she and her sister got the cream of the crop with their mates. My father, on the other hand, used to tease the women that the Sun god was just too tired to find other mates for her them. I really took him as my brother. Another reason my mother is taking the betrayal so hard."

"I really am sorry," Rafe.

"I know what I did and how I felt, I didn't want that for you Darric. I couldn't let you kill them."

"Thank you, I wish I could've done the same for you."

"I know but it's something I will learn to live with."

"The sadness, guilt will decrease, Rafe, believe me," I reassure him.

"I hope so."

"I know so."

"Now let's talk about our living arrangement."

"Enough talking, come here," Darric tries to grab me but I scoot off the bed.

"We need to settle this one more thing before we do the freaky dicky."

"Fine, talk."

"What about our living arrangement? The plan is you that will alternate between the clan and pack till Salim finishes the manor. You know we both have to be available for clan and pack needs. What's changed?" Rafe reminds me.

"I know that. I get it you need to lead your individual clan, pack whatever. Like that's never been done before."

They give me a 'tell me when it has ever been done' look.

"Fine so it has never been done before. So let's do it right. You need each other to help lead your clan, pack. You can learn from each other. And you need others: delegate, mates! Rafe, Georgiana is an able person to lead the clan when we are not around, same with Cole for you Darric. Talk to them on how you need their help and support. And I will work with Alpha Salim to complete our house as soon as possible."

I move back to the bed, and sit between the both of them, holding their hands.

"Another thing we need to do is be together, actually be together. We will stop this Cal go here or there. You two are mates, too or did you forget that part. We will alternate our stay at the two homes for now. All three of us, not just Cal. I like sleeping with both my mates."

"Me too."

"Me three."

"Then it's settled?"

"Who died and made you the king of this triad?"

"Haven't you been listening? Haven't you heard what the Ancient One has done? Esme and I are the chosen ones," I reply cheekily.

"I'll show you 'chosen'," Darric tries to grab me but I scramble off the bed and run to Rafe.

We turn to him and yell, "happy birthday Darric."

"Oh guys, you didn't forget."

"Of course not. We don't have your gift here but will a round of mind-blowing fuckfest do for now?"