Chapter 29 - A new dawn.

Start from the beginning

"When did this happen? I didn't see any of this, did you?"

"Nope. How come we didn't see or feel any of this?"

"No idea. All I know, just when it got really heated between the siblings, the Ancient One appeared."

"The Ancient One. The father of us all. The one who created the Moon goddess and the Sun god. That Ancient One? What did he look like?"

"Yes. He shone so brightly, I couldn't see his face just his aura and I heard his voice. He froze the Moon goddess and the Sun god. I'm was still in a trance. He actually had me in the palm of one hand and Esme in the palm of the other."

"Esme? What has that witch got to do with anything," Darric asks?

"She was there. She had arrived at the compound when this all started. It seems the Ancient One wants Esme and I to do what the Sun god and Moon goddess didn't or are not doing?"

Darric burst out laughing. "You two? And pray tell, what is that?"

"Unite all paranormals and create a better world for us. I think the division, killing and hurting each other is not what the Ancient One wants."

"How are you two supposed to do that?" Rafe asks all serious. "That is a dangerous task to give to two young people."

I point and remove the chair from under Rafe, point and push Darric off the bed. They both land on the floor, hard. 'You were saying?"

"Okay, okay, you have new powers." Darric gets up from the floor, holds his hands up. "That explains the phenomenon that is you as Esme's root."

"Power alone is not enough to do what you think you have been asked to do," Rafe says worriedly as he sits on the bed beside me.

"I know powers are not enough but with Esme, we can do something to get the ball rolling. Will we accomplish it all in our lifetimes, who knows but the two of us are going to try. With the help of our mates of course?" I smile at both of them.

"Seriously though what does this mean for your wolf? Are you no longer a werewolf or what? Does that mean Titan has lost one of his mates?"

"No, thank the Sun god. I am still a werewolf, will always be a wolf. I wouldn't be the same without Sköll. I spoke to him last night. He's laying low for now. I guess he also needs some time to adjust to the renouncement. All I know is that there's an opportunity for a better life for us all and it starts with Esme and me."

"How many powers do you have now?"

"At my last count, four I think: I can read minds, move things, freeze folks in ice, healing through herb manipulation for now."

"The mind reading thing, isn't that kind of invasive?"

"I won't read people's minds any willy nilly way. I am using El Dargon's teaching method to control my powers and it works, go figure! I am no longer going to complain about these powers just showing up when I am stressed or when I am with Esme. Esme thinks I had them all along but just wasn't open to using them. I am now open to finding out about any other powers, so I'm never caught unawares again." 

I take a deep breath and ask the question that must be asked. "How are you Darric? Yesterday was..."

"I'm fine. And thank you, Rafe. You were right, I was blinded by rage. The pain from my mother's betrayal was just too much. I loved them both. Say what you will about Rowena, she doted on me all my life and I guess I loved it making me blind to her faults."

"Which child wouldn't?" I murmur.

"Ronan seemed okay with being my Beta. He trained me on being and acting like an Alpha for goddess sake. I went everywhere Ronan went; we were close. Not to remind you of your earlier years at the pack but when we hurt you guys, I felt bad. But he always wanted to do worse things and berated me for not acting like an Alpha. He enjoyed torturing our prisoners way too much. Goddess, I was such a fool."