Chapter 22: Finding out

4 days of torture. Elli and I have been doing everything to try and find out the gender of the baby. We tried tricking Riley into telling us in a lot of different ways but she kept her mouth shut. The only time when I want her to spill a secret like she normally does, she freaking doesn't and stands her ground. We also tried finding that stupid envelope but it we could never find it, or maybe Elli isn't good at finding stuff.

I distracted the brunette whilst Elli search everywhere, in Riley's handbags, her nightstand drawer, her desk, practically everywhere but nothing. Although now that I think about it, sending an eight year old to go through all that stuff wasn't smart, who knows what she could've stumbled on.

When Josh found out all the sneaking around his daughter and I have been doing he wasn't exactly happy yet he was entertained when he saw how much Elli and I were desperate to know. He couldn't help but laugh at our impatience and decide to tease us more about it. Every single night I'd ask him about what he thought the gender was and it seemed like ever single night his opinion would change. One day he'd be certain that it was a boy whereas the next day he'd say a girl. It secretly annoyed me that he didn't have a definite answer but I couldn't blame him cause I didn't have one either.

My mind would always wonder around what life would be like if I gave birth to a boy or a girl and the two scenarios lead to a completely different life. I loved them both and I honestly didn't mind either. Josh would always find me day dreaming and him being the perfect boyfriend, decided to keep my kind busy with other things. For him, his main concern was to get me to eat more and throw up less. It was also something I tried to work on more but the gender seemed to bother me more for some reason.

During these past few days he'd always make sure that I finished my plate and ate snacks throughout the day. Even if he wasn't around me, he'd send me a text or call me telling me I have to make sure I eat something. It was sweet to know how concerned he was and it made my heart swell knowing just how much he cared for both the baby and I.

When Friday finally rolls around, Elli and I are beyond excited that we finally get to find out what the baby is. I ended up barely getting any sleep due to my mind being flooded with thoughts of the little baby in my tummy. He or she was wide awake and kept moving around and even though it kept me awake, just having the reminder that Josh and I's baby is growing inside of me, the thought that Josh and I were making our family bigger, adding more love into it made my heart swell to the point where I started crying. I blame it on hormones. Of course Josh was there, consoling me and making me feel more loved than ever.

"How much?" He asks curiously as he walks into the bathroom wearing just a pair of jeans that are hanging low on his hips. His abs on full display as well as his V-line that's causing my body to wake up just by looking at his defined chest. "3 pounds" I grin as I step out of the weight scale, something Josh made me do every morning after the doctor's appointment. "That's good" he praises as he leans down to peck my lips, "Mhm" I nod happily, wrapping my arms around him.

"How you feeling today?" He asks lifting one hand to caress my cheek whilst the other grips my waist. "You aren't feeling sick or anything are you?" I shake my head and smile, "I feel good. I'm excited" I gush making him chuckle. "I bet you are" he smiles looking down at me lovingly, "At least after today, I won't have to keep you and Elli busy to keep from sneaking around" I giggle "I'm sorry about that" he shrugs "Its okay" he assures me leaning back down to kiss me, a soft sweet kiss that makes my heart flutter.

"Mommy!". Josh groans and pulls away making me laugh, "Motherhood calls" I say stepping away from him to go see what my daughter wants. "Hey" he grabs my hand before I make it out of the bathroom, I hum turning to face him, "I love you" he says sweetly making me smile. "I love you too Josh" I close the distance between us, giving him one more kiss "Now get ready so we can get this day started".