Chapter 15: Perfect house

"This one is pretty nice" I say looking down at the listing of houses we have to go visit today. We've already seen 3 houses and if I'm honest Josh and I weren't impressed at all. They all had one thing that didn't please us, whether it's the neighbours, the architecture of the house, garden space, there was always something wrong.

"Yeah" he agrees looking down at the paper in my hands, "Should we go see?" He asks looking back up at me. I glance at the time and shrug "We have a few minutes before picking Elli up" I admit before he types in the address of the house in his GPS.

"It's not far from here either" he adds "Let's go then" I smile making him nod and start the engine of the car before driving off.

On days like this where I don't feel like throwing up every second or I don't have to teach I'd usually like to sleep in but with everything that's going to happen in the next few months, moving would have to happen as soon as possible.

"Wow" Josh mutter catching my attention, I lean forwards and look at his window. My brow raise and my eyes widen, the house looks exactly like in the picture, it even looks better in real life. "I have a good feeling about this one" he says parking the car.

"Me too" I smile. We both get out the car and I look around, "The neighbourhood seems great as well" I point out as he nods. "Come on, let's go look  around" I take his hand and we both go towards the front door.

Since we don't really have the key we can't really look inside but we can look through the windows and check the garden out. "Oh my gosh Josh" I gasp "The living room is amazing" I squeal moving away to look at Josh and finding looking through another window. "The kitchen as well" he admits.

"We have to get the key" I insist "I need to see everything" he nods "I'll contact our realtor and see how soon we can have a proper tour" I nod and we try and glance at the garden.

"It look pretty big" Josh admit as I glance at him look over the fence. I was too short so I couldn't see anything but Josh wasn't and could get a good view. "There's a freaking tree, I can't see how big the garden is but I'm guessing it's quite large" he says turning to face me.

"Ah this house seems perfect" I say excitedly. "Let's just just hope it really is the one" Josh sigh.

~🎭~

It took us a week to get the key but now that we finally have it we didn't waste a time to go see it. This time we brought Elliannna with us and she couldn't be more excited.

"There's 6 rooms and you get to choose which one is going to be yours" Josh explains to her.

"Well technically you have 5 rooms to choose from because your daddy and I are taken the master bedroom" I explain making the eight year old groan.

Josh and I wanted to move only once and if we had to move again it would be in a while. We wanted a pretty big house with a lot of outdoor space and quite a few rooms inside. We needed 3 bedrooms, another room that we could turn into Elli's little dance room, an office for Josh and finally room for guests.

"Why can't I get the master bedroom?" She asks frustrated as Josh laughs "Sweetheart we've already been through this" Josh reminds her as she sighs.

"Anyways you get to do whatever you want in the room, you can paint it, but a new bed anything" I assure her.

"Can I paint it light pink?" She asks hopefully as I nod "Sure" I agree making her smile.

~🎭~

"Josh we have to get this house" I insist "It's perfect" I admit "There is no one thing I don't like about it" I add.

Turns out the house was even better inside, the rooms were big, the kitchen was beautiful the bathrooms had quite amazing tile work, the garden Argh- don't get me started on the garden. It's huge!

"I found my room!" Elli yells running into the living room where Josh and I are. "Really?" She nods vigoursly "Mhm" she hums catching her breath "It's the last one on the right" she explains.

"So you both like this house?" Josh asks looking between Elli and I. We both nod vigoursly and he laughs, "What about you, do you like it?" I ask hopefully. He takes a look around and sighs "I don't think we'll find a better house than this" he admits making me smile.

"I do really like it" he adds making my smile widen "And I think we're going to make an offer" he finishes making me squeal and tackle him in a hug.

"I love you" I say tightening my grip around him as he laughs. "Me too" I kiss his cheek and pull away from him only for him to be tackled in another hug by his daughter.

~🎭~

"Straighten that knee" I warn watching Elli practise in her room as I clean her old trophies and place them in a box. We still don't know if our offer had been accepted but since we're moving out anyways, we already started packing quite a few things away.

"Good" I compliment with a smile proud that she did a specific part of the routine flawlessly. "That was perfect" I smile brightly as she finishes her dance "Thank you" she breathes out, trying to control her breathing.

"Do you want to help me pack away your things?" I ask looking up at her. She nods and I smile, thank god she said yes, now it'll go a lot faster with two people.

"Go bring me all your other trophies" I say pointing to another dozen on the bookshelf. She scurries over there and brings a few at a time.

It was impressive to see everything she had earned when she was younger. I don't think I've seen a second place trophy and I packed like 30 away. "This one isn't going to fit in the boxes" she says grabbing my attention, I look up and see her holding her biggest trophy that is as big as her.

Undefeated record. I read. I swear this girl is amazing. I couldn't be prouder of her and I'm incredibly lucky that she calls me mom.

"Guess we'll just have to leave it here" I shrug making her eyes widen "No!" She exclaims hugging her trophy "I've worked really hard for it" she says before kissing it making me laugh.

"Does mommy get a kiss?" I ask making her smile "Mhm" she nods walking towards me and giving me a sweet kiss, "Thank you" I quip.

___________________________
Apologies for not updating very soon, I got pretty caught up with another book, anyways...

If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Share this book to your friends !

-Mel❤