Chapter 6: Before the bithday

I'm watching Elli dance in her little dancing room with a smile pulled at my lips, I swear this girl never takes a break from dancing. "Tighten that knee a little" I correct watching her go through the steps of her routine. After Josh and I found out we were expecting we decided not to tell Elli yet, since I came up with a cute idea on how to tell her and it definitely has something to do with her birthday tomorrow.

I also realised that it meant I couldn't dance on Broadway anymore, which meant that the role for the lead would have to be replaced. I thought of having Elli take my place but I had a small fear that she was too young and it would be too much for her. Although it doesn't mean I wasn't going to try, it honestly depends on her.

"Very good" I compliment clapping my hands as she finishes her routine. "Can I do it again?" She asks looking at me through the mirror but I shake my head, "Don't overdo yourself sweetheart, if you didn't do your routine well than I'd understand but you did it perfectly so there's no need" I explain making her sigh "And anyways you gotta take a shower and eat so I can drop you off at Aunt Riley" I remind her .

"Can we go out for lunch?" She asks hopefully looking up at me with her gorgeous dark blue eyes, placing her hands on her hips as she tries to even out her breathing. "Sure" I smile "Go change I'll be waiting for you" she nods and rushes out of the small room. I shake my head amused and walk to the kitchen, looking through the cupboards to check of we needed to go shopping as well.

After a few minutes I had a small list and Elli stumbles into the kitchen wearing black jeans with a blue off the shoulder top. "Can you do my hair?" She asks holding out her hair tie, "Of course sweetheart" I smile taking the band from her hands and standing up "Half up half down please" she says making me nod as I run my fingers through her soft hair.

(Ellis outfit)

Once I'm down she stands up and rushes back to her room to get what I'm assuming is her shoes

Once I'm down she stands up and rushes back to her room to get what I'm assuming is her shoes. I help her tie them and after a short drive we find ourselves at Chipotle. We take our order and sit at a booth, "What do you think our costumes are going to be like?" She randomly question as she takes a sip of her water, "Mines going to be blue and yellow right?" She asks making shrug "I don't know, I think it is, but I know for sure you're going to have such a gorgeous piece" I smile.

"Anyways I have a question for you" I add making her look up at me from her burrito. "What?" She asks "Do you ever think about having a brother or a sister?" I ask as she nods vigoursly "Yeah I always wanted daddy to have another baby" she admits with a wide smile "With you" she adds making me chuckle. "I want to be a big sister so I can teach the baby how to walk and even ballet!" She exclaims cupping her cheeks as I laugh.

"Can you and daddy have a baby?" She suddenly asks as she looks at me hopefully, her beautiful dark blue eyes locking against my own as she waits for my answer. "We'll see" I answer with a shrug making her pout, "Please" she begs intertwining her fingers and placing them in front of her "It would make me really happy if you do" she admits "Oh! It can be my birthday present" she exclaims as she fills with excitement making me look at her amused. "I don't know sweetheart, I'll have to have a talk with your dad" she nods her smile never leaving.

"I'd be the best sister ever" she admits as she continues to list everything she was going to do if she had a sibling.

~🎭~

"What about this?" Josh asks holding up a red dress against his chest as he swings it back and forth showing it off. I let out a soft laugh and shake my head, "No, you really don't know your daughter's style do you?".

Josh and I are doing a last minute birthday shopping for Elli, we already had a few things but we needed a few more items just for the idea I had. "She doesn't really like dressing fancy unless it's ballet related, if it's not she has a cool style" I explain "She loves off the shoulder tops or oversized shirts she can tuck in or tie" He smiles looking down at me lovingly wrapping his arm around my waist before leaning down to kiss the top of my head.

"I love you so much" he murmurs making my heart flutter. "I can't wait to have this baby with you, you're going to be such a perfect mom" he admits making me smile. "And I already know you're going to be an amazing dad" I quip going on my top toes to kiss him.

We ended up getting a few outfits, some new leotards and tights. A cute water bottle with her name written on it, a new dance bag with HBS and it's logo along with her name stitched on it, new slippers and finally a heart shaped necklace that has something written on the back.

"Did you finish decorating the room?" I ask walking back in the studio with more duck tape. Josh and I had been at my building for about an hour decorating it with banners and balloons to surprise Elli tomorrow, she thinks we're just going to have normal classes but in reality it's just going to be her party. "Almost" Josh answers sticking another banner on the wall, "Did you finish the treasure hunt?" He question jumping down the small ladder he was using.

"Kind of, there's a few I can't put yet" I reply before sitting on the floor and starting to wrap her numerous presents. "I can't wait to see her face tomorrow" Josh says with a smile "Me either, this is exciting" I giggle "Riles and everyone will find out I'm pregnant along with her, it's going to be overwhelming, I swear I'm going to cry" I laugh.

"I'm pretty sure you will, but it's going to be happy tears" I nod in agreement.

~🎭~

I look down and smile at the sleeping Elli in my arms, we were watching The Incredibles two and she fell asleep in my arms more than half way through. "I'm going to put her in her bed" I whisper once the credit rolls in, Josh nods and I stand up, trying not to wake her up. I slowly make my way to her room and gently place her down on her bed, making sure to tuck her in. I kiss her forehead and start to walk away until I hear her sweet little voice. "Mommy" I turn and hum in response going back towards her.

"Can you stay with me a little?" She asks hopefully and I nod climbing into her bed as she snuggles against me. I smile and run my fingers through her long locks enjoying spending time with my daughter. "I'm going to miss being 7" she admits her voice barely above a whisper, "Why?" I question "I thought you were ready to be eight" I add making her sigh. We spent the whole night doing a bunch of fun games to end her seven years perfectly.

"Me too but I like being seven, a lot of good things happened when I was seven" she admits looking up at me "I met you, you became my mom and dance teacher and we're dancing on Broadway" I nod in agreement "And I'm sure that when your eight more amazing things will happen" I assure her "You promise?" I nod "I promise sweetheart" I say causing a smile to pull at her lips. "Get some sleep baby girl, you have a big day tomorrow" I whisper kissing her forehead before pulling her closer to me.

______________________________
Who's excited to read Elli's reaction?!!

If you liked this chapter make sure to vote and comment down below your thoughts and opinions,

Or...

Go read my other books!

-Mel❤