Chapter 2; cant take my eyes off of you.

Standing at the front of the room was what I presumed was Ms Sawyer. Black pumps stood as the base to long milky legs. A tight grey pencil skirt stopped just below her knees and tucked tightly in was a white button down shirt. She turned around and her dark curly hair swayed to one side as I was greeted with an impeccably white smile behind beautiful pink lips. Almond shaped eyes peered at me through perfectly curled lashes. She was beautiful.

"Hello, I'm Ms Sawyer." Her voice was like silk and it seeped right into my chest and got stuck there, trapping my own voice.

There I stood mouth agape, pleading with myself to just say something, anything.

"Uhhey.." I shook my head as if to wake myself up from a dream. "I'm Shelby." Why did I have to be the first in the room? She smiled at me and looked me up and down, was she checking me out? No way. I knew I was good looking. I had a certain look about me that people were drawn to I guess. Average height, long dark hair and tanned skin from spending too many days at the beach. But what really got everyone was my eyes. Piercing blue, I often got accused of wearing colored contacts. I had a good body due to my addiction to running. But there was no way this beautiful woman was looking at me the way I had just looked at her. Or the way every boy in the school and some girls looked at me.

"You can take a seat anywhere you'd like Shelby." She smiled again, my name rolled off her tongue and it made my knees go weak. I took a seat towards the back of the classroom and waited anxiously to see who would be joining me in the goddesses company. And Chelsea was right, my luck was horrible today. Tony Adams walked in with Jimmy and Talon. They were wrestlers and Tony was my ever annoying ex-boyfriend. Before i announced my interest in girls we were one of the most infamous couples in the school. Picture perfect. At least on the outside. Now things were awkward, he did not know how to let the past go.

"Oh hey Shel, how's the carpet tasting these days?" He announced, causing a roar of laughter from the other two boys. I rolled my eyes. His ego was clearly bruised. "Oh I'm just kidding babe. Relax. I know you're just enjoying the best of both worlds,

sampling every specimen in the pond before returning to me." He put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. I pulled away and scrunched my face as if he smelled.

"You wish, still upset that I grew bored with you Tony?" I shook my head. "You poor thing."

By now more students had filled the room and Ms Sawyer was passing out some papers.

"Okay everyone, settle down now. I'm Ms Sawyer, I'll be your British literature teacher this year." Whistling ensued and every guy nudged his neighbor and raised his eyebrows at the brunette. She rolled her eyes and continued. "I know this is an extremely difficult course and this class period is exceptionally more challenging because it is an Advanced Placement class. If it proves to be too difficult for you, you have three weeks to request a college prep or fundamental course instead. But I do urge you to cease the opportunity you've been granted and tough it out with me, I'll help you beyond measure. My door is always open" I swear she looked right at me when she said the last part. I must have been going crazy.

I looked down at the papers she had placed on my desk, contact info. Her basic information was on the first. Molly Sawyer. Followed by her email and the best times to contact her.

The second sheet was questions about us; name, address, phone number, email, etc. I hate the beginning of the school, these things are so tiresome. The rest of the class Ms Sawyer just told us about herself and the way she ran her classroom. She told us that she was an English major with a minor in theatre arts, she had three sisters and two brothers, big family like mine.

I could listen to her talk for hours and never get bored. The words rolled off her tongue like silk and she was very well spoken. But still she seemed a little shy and nervous. It was adorable.