Chapter One; welcome to my world.

"Shelb! Wait up" I turned to see my favorite blonde bombshell bounding towards me through the busy cafeteria. Chelsea was my best friend, we spent nearly every day together at the beach over the summer and every night at a different party. She was taller than me, her sandy blonde hair fell just below her shoulders and she had deep brown eyes. She was really pretty, but not particularly my type. She hated that.

"Hey Chels!" I said into her shoulder as she pulled me into a hug then linked her arm around mine and we began to walk to a booth nearby. Our school was big and the cafeteria had unspoken rules. Booths were for upper classmen, and only the popular ones. Nobody dared to dispute that.

We were only sophomores, but pretty much had the entire school wrapped around our fingers. I guess I owed that to having older siblings that paved the way for me.

"I saw Clay when I walked in and he acted like I didn't even exist." Chelsea pouted. "How can he spend nearly every night with me over the summer and then act like he doesn't even like me at all?" Poor Chels. I don't know why she wasted so much time on this guy. Clay was the quarterback, dark brown hair, olive skin, and perfect hazel eyes. He was good looking and he knew it. He got a kick out of dragging my best friend along while mindlessly flirting with every pretty girl in sight, including me.

"Chels, he's an asshole. Just like every other guy you've ever been interested in. Act like he doesn't matter to you and he'll realize what he's missing out on!" I always had good advice, even though I wasn't so great at taking it. Her plump pink lips tugged at a smile and she thanked me.

"What's your homeroom? I have Kline." She frowned. Mrs Kline was an old, mean, very experienced teacher who didn't let anyone get away with ANYTHING.

"Uh, I have... Sawyer? She must be new. English department." I responded. I twisted some of my long dark hair around my finger.

"Hmm. Good luck with that.." She laughed. Suddenly her eyes widened. "Speaking of luck, yours isn't very good right now..." She lifted her chin signaling for me to turn around and when I did I groaned. Ashley.

She walked over to me and swung her arms around my neck kissing my cheek tenderly.

"Stop," I pulled away. Ashley was cute, we hooked up a few times over the summer but the girl really didn't know when to let something go. We had agreed to have casual sex and nothing more, or so I thought. The poor girl had decided she loved me however and I tried my best to let her down easy, apparently I was unsuccessful.

"Oh. Sorry, I just. I can't help myself." She blushed and backed off. I sighed.

"It's whatever. Listen, we really need to discuss this at some point. I don't want to be in a relation-" the bell rang so loudly I jumped. It was time to go to home room. "We'll talk later, okay? Have a good day Ash." I grabbed my bag and took off, Chelsea following closely behind.

"Well. That went well." She snickered, again linking arms with me. I rolled my eyes.

"How am I supposed to get rid of the poor girl? Meanwhile Tony and I, well we haven't really figured out where our relationship is at the moment. He's got a fuckin hold on me and he knows it. I don't want to look like I'm dating a girl and a guy... How cliche is that for a bisexual girl. Ugh" I groaned.

"It'll be fine Shelbs, Ashley has a crush. She will get over it eventually. Or I could always pretend that you and I are hookin up, you know, for your sake of course. Not because Im secretly upset that you claimed I'm not your type." She winked at me with a little pout.

I found myself rolling my eyes again. But lucky for me we finally reached my room. I hugged Chelsea goodbye. We had third period chemistry together so id see her in a few hours. She smacked my butt and continued on down the hall to her algebra 2 class. I only needed to take three classes this year; British Literature, chemistry, and any other class to fill a credit. But my school requires you to be present for four periods at least so I got stuck staying for a fourth period study hall. I'd have to deal with it. I was still getting out three periods early.

I walked through the door and my mouth nearly fell to the ground.