The Ivy League Part 23

Start from the beginning

              “This will do wonders for her reputation as the flawless Barbie doll,” Grace said gleefully.

              “Gracious, yes,” I agreed.

              These documents were so amazing that I became even more excited for the DVD. Powering on my computer, I slid in the disc and Grace and I leaned closer to watch.

***

              The beginning was fuzzy. For the first ten seconds or so, I couldn’t tell what I was looking at. It seemed like the person filming was walking, and had forgotten that the camera was on. I could hear loud music pounding in the background, and I thought I caught a flash of blue – it was a pool party.

              Suddenly, the camera became quite still, flying up to focus steadily on a familiar girl. Her hair was slick and smooth, the braces were gone, and this was obviously after her nose job. Ellen looked to be fifteen here; the naive and trusting expression from her hospital photo was gone. Instead, her eyes were the same hard and arrogant gray ones of the present-day Ellen, and she was wearing a very revealing blue bikini that accented the smokiness of her eyes and her tanned bare skin.

              “Hey, baby, dance for me!”

              Whoever yelled this was off-camera. Ellen turned to a much-older looking guy; she was surrounded by college-aged students.

              “C’mon, McAllister!” someone else hollered. “Show us how you party!”

              Ellen laughed and took one step in the direction of the voice. She stumbled tipsily and caught herself, giggling; she was obviously drunk.

              The music suddenly became louder and Ellen began to dance. A guy jumped into the camera’s range and began to dance with her, shirtless and only in swimming trunks. Loud, drunken laughs and wolf-whistles came from the sidelines. The dancing went on for a good minute, becoming much more wild; the guy dancing with Ellen was beginning to sweat. All of a sudden, of all people, Jake burst into the camera’s vision.

              “Hey!” he shouted angrily at the older guys. “Can’t you see she’s drunk? Get lost, pervs.”

              The guys grumbled but none of them were seriously annoyed; I could see plenty of other girls in the background, just as drunk as Ellen and just as willing. Except for the one guy who had been grinding against Ellen.

              “Make yourself scarce, Howe,” the guy said to Jake. “I’m having some fun here. Aren’t we, baby?” he asked, leering down at Ellen. She had stopped dancing and was looking at Jake, confused. Wow, she was really drunk.

              “C’mon,” he added impatiently, taking Ellen by the arm and shaking her. “Keep dancing! C’mon, McAllister!”

              Ellen looked bewildered. After a particularly rough shake from the guy, she began to cry.

              “Get your hands off my girlfriend!” Jake roared, wrenching Ellen away from the college guy.

              “Good one, Howe!” he laughed mockingly. “You think I’m an idiot? This chick isn’t yours – her sister is. Now back off before I decide that you’re better off at the bottom of the pool.”