VII Just Like The Old Days

A groan echoed through the Eastgate residence, followed by the sound of shackles.

"Ti senti nostalgico, Alvise?" Pierce kicked his victim hard once again, not caring about breaking any of his bones.

"Molto." Managed James, tired after an hour of being hit by his imbecilic sibling. Alvise was a name he wasn't called often. One might say it even made him uncomfortable. It was just one of his brother's tactics. He had to get used to it now.

"I always was much stronger than you, but old age has clearly weakened you. Or are you on one of those diets again?" Pierce hated it when his brother didn't feed properly.

"I can't see how my dietary habits would be of any concern to you."
As much as he wanted to hide it, James simply wasn't as strong as he used to be. As strong as he was while taking dozens of lives.

"There is, however, something else that might be of interest to me. Dare I say you've forgotten to mention it?"
His eyes now shone ungovernable excitement.

James pretended to think, scrunched his eyebrows, and then a simple "Hardly." was heard, followed by the sound of knives being dug into his flesh and bones.

"That's for stooding me up in front of the campus today."
Pierce didn't actually mind. He met several pretty college girls. Those might be useful. Still, he didn't like waiting in the sun. Not for his brother, at least.

After those final blows, Pierce knew he wouldn't get much from his brother. So he decided on a night in town. He was getting hungry again. And what better way to satisfy his cravings than a club next to a popular university?

Later that night, James sat on his favourite chesterfield sofa, knowing the decision he was about to make is going to be the wrong one.
He contemplated moving once more in order to get Pierce off his back. The damned man always found his way back to him in the end.

But he couldn't leave after just having arrived. It would be suspicious. Besides, he had a job waiting for him at Primeson University. And it.
It was waiting for him, too.

He just hoped he'd get to it first.

Before anyone else does.