I

We idealise the past.

We make it seem as if we were having the time of our lives, even if at the moment we considered it barely sufferable.

It's difficult to see and accept the fact that we all like to remember the past in a better light.

But the right way is not always the easiest.

We must enjoy the little moments, focus on the  present.

And right now, I was standing on a green meadow, surrounded by tall willow trees.

He was opposite of me.

He stood silently, not taking his eyes of mine, his head tilted slightly forward so he could focus on them.

It was as if he saw something others didn't. As if he was watching if I was going to run.

Then I noticed something odd.

He didn't blink.

At all.

I thought nothing of it, simply noticing the strange vibe.

But I just knew something wasn't right.

We were about 4 metres apart. Not enough if you ask me.

The scene before me suddenly became gloomy.

I heard thunder in the distance and  presumed it was going to rain.

The weather changed dramatically fast, the clouds scattering across the dark grey sky.

I didn't stay still, instead glancing to the forest path which took me here. I watched the tall trees, embraced by moss which looked almost intimidating, like they've been here forever.

This must be an old forest.

Standing across him, I heard tiny rain drops shattering on the nearby trees. Soon, I felt the cold, wet water against my skin.

He simply gaped at me.

Nothing was heard except the light tapping droplets and the sound they made while the ever so green grass absorbed them.

I was in a trance, completely vulnerable, choosing to see the reason he visited me.

Was he visiting me?

It felt like he was visiting me, although highly unlikely.

He was not a creature you see every day.

He was always beautiful and will always be beautiful.

How did I know?

Everyone who ever saw him could tell you he was something else.

The word perfect crosses my mind.

He was timeless, the most graceful person I've ever laid my eyes upon.

It wasn't just his appearance.

He radiated elegance, class and he was utterly debonnaire. An invisible  cloud of perceptivenes stretched his surroundings.

I could see the calm in his predatory eyes as he still didn't even glance away from me.

He was almost an unearthly being, something different to the world we live in.

His aura called to mine, inviting me in, alluring me closer, making me feel I could trust him.

I almost did exactly what he wanted me to do.

My knees loosened as if I were going to walk to him. I barely noticed the rain now and I was sure I was completely wet.

He made the pouring rain unimportant.

I found little comfort knowing he was soaking wet, too. He didn't seem to register the fact.

I still don't know why I'm so interesting. Is he going to speak or do something or should I just walk away?

Would that be a good idea?

What am I doing anyway?

Alone in the forest with this, this...

Him.

At the thought of him, my mind went to an overdrive.

I averted my gaze from his eyes and something clicked in my mind.

He was here to hurt me.

Somehow, he made me like him. Admire him.

But now the trance has ended.

It was all just a charade to keep me occupied. But why hasn't he taken action yet?

My question soon got an answer.

I took one final look at him, trying to remember him.

Oh, if one could remeber all the things one dreams.