Chapter 11: Bad Break up

It's been 6 months since me and Hayden broke up and it's killing me slowly on the inside, but on the outside I put on this happy mask. He calls and texts me but I don't respond. I've been avoiding him at school and in public. Orchid is not only my sister but my best friend and she has helped me cope with this, but I was still hurting and made up thoughts continue to roam my head of why he cheated on me.
"Your too ugly, to fat, not good enough for him. He wanted someone else. He doesn't care about you he never did. He doesn't love you he was using you the entire time." I can thank my mind for this constant reminder.
I still haven't told Colby about it and that makes me feel guilty but I'm also scared of what he'll do to Hayden if he finds out. I really hope Orchid hasn't said anything. I pull myself out of bed and brush my teeth and hair. I then go downstairs and go into the kitchen and grab an apple and sit at the counter as I eat it. I was then someone pulled me by my waist and tickled me and I fell out of my seat.
"What the hell?!" I yelled annoyed. I then looked up to see Jake standing over me and laughing.
"Frick off Jake." I said rolling my eyes and chuckling a little. I got off the floor and playfully punched him in the chest. "OWWWWW! You gave me a boo boo." Jake said pouting like a baby.
"You big baby." I said as I sat back down in my chair. Jake just might be the only person who could make me laugh when I'm not in the mood to. "Hey, so what happened the night you came home with the girls?" He asked leaning on the counter next to me crossing his arms on top of it.
"What do you mean? Nothing happened and everything is fine." I asked with my head hanging down and tears starting to form in my eyes. "We both know that's not true. You ran upstairs crying and you slammed your door and you're crying right now. Jake said grabbing my hand a gently squeezing it. I kept my head down and tears were now falling from my eyes. "Seriously what's going on
Y/n you've been acting very strange lately and you put on this fake smile so no one worries but I can tell when someone is hurt. I'm not leaving till you tell me what's going on and I promise I won't tell Colby if you don't want me to." He said as he gave me a sympathetic smile. I sniffed and slowly began to explain.
"W-Well it was going great. Me and the girls went shopping, got our hair and nails done. Then we decided to go to the fair, get on some rides and play some games. Then as we were about to play one of the games I s-see a girl tugging on Hayden's shirt while they made out." I said as I was now baling my eyes out and clenching my fists in anger.
"Shhhh it's okay, now you're gonna be okay, and we are here for you." He said as he pulled me into a hug.
"Do you want me to tell Colby or do you want to tell him?" He asked in a soft and gentle voice.
"N-No I wanna tell Colby, in fact, *sniffle* I'm gonna tell Colby when he gets home."
"Tell me what? And why are you crying?" He asks as he comes over to me and Jake and places his keys on the table as he sits next to me.
"I'll leave you two alone to talk." Jake says as he pats my leg and goes upstairs.
"So what did you want to tell me and what's wrong...." "I-I-I broke up with H-Hayden." I said as tears began to fall down my cheeks. "What why?? Did he hurt you?!" Colby asked as his voice grew louder. "H-H-He c-cheated on me with another girl." I said as I started to cry even harder. "HE.DID.WHAT?!" Colby raises his voice making me flinch, his hands in fists, his eyes shown pure rage and anger as if he wanted to murder someone, and his face was red. "D-Dad are-" I was interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Dad wait here I'll get the door." I sigh and I get up and open the door. "You.....Why are you here I told you I never wanted to see again." "HAYDEN?!" Colby yelled from the kitchen. "I'm gonna fucking kill you how dare you hurt my daughter?!" Colby says as he speeds to the door trying to reach Hayden. "Dad please....calm down let me handle it." I say in a soft gentle voice as I as put both my hands on his chest. He calms down a little and nods. "Fine, but by the time I get back he better be gone." Colby snaps as he gives Hayden a death stare before walking away. "Look I came here to talk. I'm sorry for hurting you please take me back, give me one more chance to make it up to you." He said as he gave me some flowers he had brought with him with him. "This is really sweet, Hayden it really is but I don't think I can ever trust you again." I said handing him back the flowers. "Please.....I'm so sorry. I made a huge mistake and I regret it so much.....please give me another chance." He pleaded as tears begin to form in his eyes. "I think you should go." I said as I looked at him with a sad expression on my face. "Ok...I understand." He said as he put on his hood and shoved his hands in his pockets and walked of to the gate and climbed it and walks away. I slowly close the door putting my back towards it and sliding down to the floor and crying with my with my head on my knees and my arms wrapped around my knees. I then feel a strong pair of hands pick me up off my feet. It was Colby. He carried me to the couch and sat down and sat me next to him.
"What happened with Hayden?" He asked as he wrapped his arm around me as I layer my head on his chest as I was still softly crying.
"H-He begged me to give him a second chance." I said wiping my tears.
"And then what happened?" He asked in a soft and gentle voice as wiped my tears with his thumbs gently. "I-I told him that I wouldn't be able to trust him again, a-and I told him to leave. Then h-he had tears coming out of his eyes and he ran." I managed to get out, starting to cry even harder.
"Shhhh it's ok I'm here...I've got you." He said as he rubbed my back trying to comfort me.
"W-Why does it hurt so bad?....."
"I couldn't answer that even if I wanted to.....this is why I didn't want you to date at your age....to protect you from this....I'm so sorry."
I shook my head as a sob escaped my throat.
"N-No I am, I s-should've listened to you, I'm never dating again."
"Yeah you will.....but now you know to keep your heart guarded, so the next one that comes along will treat you right and will treat you with respect."
I sniffled and nodded, burying my head in his chest and within few minutes we both fell asleep.