Chapter 7: Encounter with the Hunters

(Blaze pov)

This week has been mostly Ky working on our endurance. We've been going on runs that last for hours. We've been doing this faster and faster. That was the whole point of it. We had to be stronger. Faster.

In the middle of the run I got lost in my thoughts. I strayed from the pack. I tried to get my connection to ky.

“Hey ky, um I kinda strayed. I'm by the waterfall. Meet me- AH FUCK!” I howled in pain. Glancing around seeing a group of hunters. I bared my teeth snarling as I faced them.

(Kyle pov)

I heard Blaze howl in pain. Shit! I quickly ran towards her.

“Blaze! Are you alright? I'm on my way.” I said frantically.

“Fuck Ky. Theres a group of them. God it hurts. I think it was laced with wolfsbane. God Ky hurry please!” she begged.

They used wolfsbane?!! That thought pushed me harder.

“Frost I need you're help. Blaze was shot and theres a group of hunters. Meet me at the waterfall!” I shouted at Frost through our mindlink.

“Look at what we have here. Little lone wolf all by her lonesome.” I heard a female say.

“Sam don't taunt. You remember as well as I what happened last time.” a man replied.

I jumped out from my hiding spot and landed right in front off Blaze growling. I heard a leap from the ground Frost just landed by my right side.

“Well if it isn’t the original vampire DRake the demon also known as Frost.” said the man in front of the woman .

I shifted into my human form. I looked to the man in front of me black jeans,blue tshirt, brown leather jacket blond hair and blue eyes.”Jack,Sam,Richard and Kahlan what are you doing here?” Frost asked giving them a glare.  I looked to the girl Sam who was taunting my beta  long brown hair,hazel eyes, white leather jacket, white tank top and blue jeans. I looked to left of her Richard who had a shot gun pointing to me blue jeans, red tshirt, black leather jacket,green mohawk and black eyes. Finally the last girl who kinda looked like jack blue jeans, pink tshirt, black leather jacket blond hair and blue eyes.

“So I assume this wolf isnt a rogue and you're Kyle the alpha of this pack”Jack said as my pack surrounded us in their wolf form growling. “You're right I am” I said glancing behind me to look at Blaze my foster sister Cara was their by her side whimpering. “Leave now and you won't get hurt” I said growling. What are you doing they hurt our beta we should hurt them or kill them we have to. I pushed him back and looked at Jack “Well what's it going to be?” I asked Frost stepping beside me cracking his knuckles.

“leaving now thank you Kyle” Jack said walking off with him and |Sam holding hands.

Cara ran after them.

“Shit Frost take the pack and Blaze to the house get them to the house and take Blaze to my parents!” I shouted as I shifted running after cara.

Cara stop I yelled through the mind link.

Why they hurt my mate she replied back with a growl.  I jumped in front of her she stopped.

Lets go home I said through the mind link. She lunged at me i fought back.

My paws hit her face she stopped and shifted started crying. I shifted back and held her “Shh it's gonna be okay sis it's gonna be okay” I said rocking her back and fourth.

(frost pov)

Blaze was still a wolf. She was whimpering and it looked like she was trying to shift back.  I watched her as she passe dout and shifted back into human form finally we can begin working on her to heal her.