Chapter 1: Welcome to the pack

(Blazes pov)

It was the fourth day outside training. God was he trying to kill us? I mean not enough shade barely any breaks. I think we will die of heat stroke and not in a battle or anything. But training is good. I get to show off make an ass of myself. Speaking of asses I glanced over at cara and her sparring partner. Some big brute who calls himself Puck. Like what kind of name is Puck?

“Let go of me.” I heard Cara growl.

I looked over and he was behind her with his face next to her neck. WIth my rage growing I shifted. God I forgot how painful it was. I ran over and Pawed him off and away from her. Growling at him and placing myself between him and Cara. I hear a door slam open and kyle steps out. I risked a glance towards before I moved closer to Puck.

“RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!” Growled Kyle using the alpha roar.

My eyes glowed blue before they started turning back to gold. Kyle gave me the look and I started to head back to the house. Risking a glare at Puck and a soft look at Cara I made it back to the house, tail between my legs ears down as I passed Kyle.

Shifting back once I was in my room grabbing some clothes and changing. Kyle knocked on the door and I opened it.

“Want to tell me what that was about?” he questioned.

“Puck was going to kiss her neck.” I said seething.

“I see. Anything else?” he questioned knowing me.

“Well when she said ‘let go of me’ my mind went to when I was younger and being abused.” I whispered with a slight whimper

He nodded and hugged me. I started to feel tired and he walked out and let me sleep. I barely got to my bed before I passed out.

It was the morning after a particularly brutal beating. I'm pretty sure some ribs were broken. I dont understand why my father hates me so much. Is it because i'm gay? Is it because i'm a wolf? Is it because i'm not good enough. I dont know what to think any more. My mother and brother left its just me and him. At first nothing happened then he started blaming me. I'm really hungry. I wonder if i can get away with eating. Maybe just this once. I snuck into the kitchen and quietly opened the fridge. Grabbing a small piece of cheese.

“What the fuck do you think you are doing?” he shouted

I dropped my cheese and backed away with a whimpered “Nothing.”

He just shook his head. Stepping closer to me I freaked a little. I felt my back press against the wall. He raised his arm and brought it down quickly his fist connecting with my jaw. He kept landing blows all over the place. With the bruises I'll have to hide I don't think I'll be going to school. With one final harsh blow to the temple I was knocked unconscious.

Waking up on the kitchen floor didn't surprise me. I was usually left to where I was before hand. Trying to get up was difficult everything hurt. Eventually i used the counter to help me up. I made my way to my room. Trying to get there a quietly as possible. I don't think i would survive another beating. I crawled onto my mat in the corner of the room passing out.

Waking in pain from shifting to much I went looking for something to dull the pain. On my way down stairs he tripped me.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!” I screamed bolting awake and upright. Falling from the bed and into the corner not realizing where I'm at and whos there.

“Hey blaze its ok. Its just me natasha and kyle.” Cara said soothingly walking carefully over to me.

I looked up and tried calming down I patted the floor beside me and she joined. Cara motioned for Kyle and Natasha to leave letting Kyle know she has this. She picked me up and placed me on the bed. She came in afterwards and lied beside me, I immediately curled into her. Feeling safe with her I went into a peaceful sleep.  

In the morning cara was still there. She was adorable when she was sleeping. My face fell flat. I forgot I talk in my sleep, and I had a good dream with her in it… Well shit. I tried to get away quietly but she woke up.

“Morning Blaze.” she mumbled

“Morning.. Um Cara can I ask you something?” I whispered back. She nodded her head.

“Did I talk at all last night. Like did I say anything at all?” I questioned carefully.

She opened her eyes and looked me in mine. I swallowed the lump in my throat and quickly got out of the bed running out the door. I didn't pay any attention to her or others calling me. Not even the alpha. I just ran until I was outside and I shifted getting away. I need to leave. I kept running until I found myself at our spot. Me and cara had a spot where we thought we could hide from Kyle. He let us believe that, he never comes here. I just sat on the rock she usually has and just started thinking.

About half an hour later I was still lost in thought I didn't hear someone come up behind me. I heard bones popping and shifting. Startled I turned around. It was Cara. I whimpered and bowed my head to her. If she was going to kill me I wasn't going to fight her. If she was going to hurt me I wouldn't fight back. I shifted back into my human form.

“Look Cara I can expl-” the rest was cut off as she reached for my neck. I whimpered and looked her in the eyes.

“Its ok Blaze. I understand just fine. Kyle said you were calmer when I was around while you were out.” she whispered. I hadn't noticed she got closer. I moved closer slightly reaching carefully with my hand getting close to her neck. I gently caressed her neck and closed my eyes.

“Are you guys.. Oh sorry I didn't mean to interrupt anything.” Kyle said looking away as we jumped back slightly.

“Its ok Ky. You didn't know.” Cara said.

We all walked back I slid my hand into caras along the way. We Just walked in peace. Nothing needed to be said.