Chapter 15 - Farewell to the Babies

(This is deliberately short... do not question me... I have lost most of my motivation at this point)

Pidge had finally calculated when the effects of the potion would wear off. She spent all night doing the research... and sobbed uncontrollably when she discovered. 

The next morning, she announced the sad news to the rest of the Team.

"The effects of the Potion will wear off any moment now... causing anything that the Potions created to disappear with it's effects. Including the Babies..."

Keith and Acxa went wide-eyed with horror, clutching their two closer. Lance gasped in horror, clapping a hand over his mouth. Hunk and Allura sobbed in sadness. The others did similar acts in regret and sorrow. The Lions wailed and whimpered, Luna curling her tail protectively around the still Baby Lance and Pidge. 

"I'm sorry. There won't be a way to make it last any longer... and if we were to attempt and successfully bring these babies back into existence... they won't have the same memories that these four had with us." Pidge says, picking up Baby Lance. 

He didn't move or fidget, just snored away without sensing the change in Pidge or the others. Neither did Baby Pidge when Lance picked her up, or Baby Keith and Baby Acxa when Keith and Acxa held them tighter. 

"Any moment now..." Lance sobbed, clutching the baby closer. 

Hugo fumbled over to Lance, and shakily tried to climb up his leg and onto his lap with the baby girl. 

---------------------------------------

The babies began to glow... slowly growing brighter like a lightbulb. The time the four 'parents' spent with them... were photos, happy ones... and just trying to make sure the babies were happy. 

Being so attached to the babies, they expected to feel extremely heartbroken when the babies did disappear. 

They did so within the hour... 

---------------------------------------

Though greatly saddened, they were happy they were at least able to say goodbye. Hugo was hard to calm down, Silver never grew really attached, the Trio mourned and sulked, the Five sulked but at least TRIED to look normal, the Paladins didn't seem to want to smile anymore. So Coran put into action something he wanted to do in case everyone got this way. So he asked for a Lion's help, and Silver, unaffected by the loss, helped him. 

It was a small surprise in each room around the Castle, in each Lion's bed as well. Each one was unique, but related to time they spent with one or all the babies. Coran made them cry, but he also made them smile... 

Besides... who knows if in the future, certain team-mates become a 'thing' and have REAL children... no one frankly. 

THE END...