XXXXVI - "Clingy"

"And how have you guys been?" Blake asked gingerly once I sat down at the table.

"Amazing," Kai beamed. He had one of his most rarest smiles on his face and he devoured his lunch.

"That's good," Liam said with a genuine smile as he watched his leader eat. Both of them then looked up to me and gave me a thumbs up in appreciation, and I just nodded my head.

"Where's our furry friend?" Blake asked as he looked around the table for Soldier.

"Groomers," Kai said in between chews.

I ate my lunch as I finished some homework for my morning classes. Kai had apparently been so hungry that he finished my lunch for me when he noticed I wasn't eating it, and even though I was a little hungry, Kai's well being matters more. I just drank the rest of my juice and continued on finishing my assignments so I could have time to go to my base today, and I'm sure Kai needs to get his work done as well.

__________________________

"Where you guys headed to?" Liam asked as we walked towards the parking lot.

"Kai is going to go with you guys and do some gang business he needs to take care of, I'm going to the base-"

"Woah woah woah, why can't I come with you?" Kai asked a little worried.

"Because your gang needs their leader and your clinginess should not be an excuse for not getting your shit done," I whispered harshly.

Kai stood there in thought for a few seconds before an idea came to mind, "How about I bring my paperwork with and we can work on our own thing at your base?" He asked hopefully.

"Really Kai? You can't go one afternoon without Dia?" Blake asked in disbelief.

Kai stood there processing his words. Did he really miss me that much that he doesn't want to leave my side now? Have I really made this big of an impact on Kai's life that he can't actually eat, sleep, or work properly if I'm not around? I'm not sure what goes through Kai's mind, but I hope I'm not actually the reason why his life has taken a drastic turn to hell.

"Kai, tell me the truth. Am I really the reason why you can't live like you used to?" I asked softly. I needed to know if I had actually done this much damage to him, because if it's true then I can't possibly leave him alone.

He stood there staring at his feet before he quietly answered, "Diamonds I missed you," he whispered.

Here we are in the middle of an empty highschool parking lot where all four of us are discussing Kai's clinginess to me. Yeah, never thought I'd ever say that sentence.

"You didn't answer my question," I said sternly.

I was starting to get frustrated with myself for letting people into my life. For talking in the first place and making that stupid deal with Kai for the fight. I regret giving Sammy my hoodie and revealing my tattoo to everybody in that goddamn cafeteria. All because I wouldn't have met Kai Finnels, and I wouldn't have appreciated him the way I do now.

Yes, I'll admit, I enjoy hanging out with Kai Finnels. And from as long as I've been in his presence I've noticed he's not as cold as most think he is. He's so sweet and caring he deserves the world and a couple of stars in the galaxy, but you need to learn to make peace with yourself first before you risk anything with other people. I liked Kai so much but I was good at hiding it, but him, not so much. I want to wake up in the morning with him by my side always, I want to have morning breakfasts with him before we go to school and I want to see him giving new toys to Soldier every time he comes around but I can't.