XVII - "Paranoid"

I felt the breeze swoop into the room which made me shiver a little bit. The soft silky curtains were swept off the floor and flowed through the air as the wind brushed past them. The soft light of the sun peeked through the open window and illuminated throughout the whole room, welcoming me a bright, and sunny day.

I took in my surroundings and noticed I was in the guest room that Kai had let me stay in until I can decorate my new room, and I honestly think that's kind of sweet. I can finally design it without worrying about other furniture being placed in there and I was quite excited for it.

It was 6:30 so I tumbled off of the bed and into the ensuite bathroom to start getting ready. I tied my hair up into a high bun so it didn't get wet, and instead just washed my body for today. I brushed my teeth with the spare Kai provided me and went back into the bedroom.

I realized I didn't have any clothes so I walked over to Kai's room, who was just right down the hallway, and entered in just my towel. I heard the shower running so I rushed into his walk in closet to find a shirt I could wear so I could go down into my car for extra clothes.

Rummaging through the t-shirts I heard someone clear their throat from behind me. I turned to see Kai, also in a towel, looking at me up and down. He had a smug look on his face but my eyes trailed down to his abs, to his v-line, until the wrapped up towel. I looked back up to his eyes and saw his wet hair drooping over them as he watched my movements. I shrugged my shoulders and pulled a black long sleeve from a hanger, it reached down to my knees which was un-fucking-believeable because I might be tall but this guy was gigantic.

I pulled my towel from underneath and brushed my shoulder against Kai's as I walked out but he gripped onto my wrist before I left, "You could've just asked princess," he said lowly.

"Why ask when you were already going to say yes?" I answered seductively. I don't know what had gotten into me, but I guess I just like teasing Kai around and it's pretty fun.

He softly pulled me into his chest until I could feel his breath fanning against my forehead, "You're skating on thin ice," he warned.

"And you're," I trailed my index finger down his hard abs, making bumps along the way, "on my last nerve." I pulled away from him and walked back to my room to clip on my bra and white vans. I always carry extra panties in my school bag so I have that part clear.

I skipped to the trunk, yes, I fucking skipped, and popped it open. Inside was a small duffel bag I kept for situations like these. It contained clothes, extra hygiene shit, some money, knives, and guns. I think I even have a machete or a baseball bat in here somewhere, but we'll find out later.

I grabbed some jean shorts and a white spaghetti strap crop top, belt, and my schoolbag before I skipped my way back up stairs into the guest bedroom. I quickly got changed and combed my hair into it's natural waves and arranged my outfit which kind of showed a bit of cleavage but I didn't care. I put on a bit of chapstick and called Williams to check in.

W: Hello?
D: Hey, just checking in.
W: Oh thank God you're safe, how's it staying with him so far?
D: Well, not too bad. Hopefully I can get all of my stuff from the other house so I don't have to worry about lack of clothing and such.
W: Oh Gold, do you want me to send some people over to do that for you?
D: No! No man should go through a woman's underwear drawer!
W: Ok, ok. But if you're up for it, there's a fight Saturday, you in?
D: You truly know the way to my heart Williams.
W: A heart of Gold, I'll text you the address, have a good day!
D: Right back at you!

I hung up the phone with Williams and slung my schoolbag over my shoulder and made my way downstairs. I vaguely remember where the kitchen was and after awhile I finally found it. I just followed the smell of oatmeal and bacon and walked straight into the dining room where Kai was already engrossed in his breakfast. I dropped my schoolbag next to me and plopped down on the seat across from him and dug into the breakfast.