XXVI - "Guard Dog"

I pulled into the driveway just as I saw Kai, Liam, and Blake's cars race off into the distance towards school. I let out a breath of relief and turned towards Soldier who was sleeping peacefully in the passengers seat.

"Lucky bastard," I mumbled into the air as I pulled into the driveway.

I walked into the house with Soldier in tow, all the way up to my bedroom. I took a quick shower and applied a small amount of makeup on my face and let my hair air dry in it's natural waves. I quickly grabbed my school bag and packed everything in it and walked down stairs for breakfast.

 I quickly grabbed my school bag and packed everything in it and walked down stairs for breakfast

I sat down in my chair and gave Soldier the cue as I started dialing a phone number.

"Hello?" He asked on the other line.

"Principal Wilson! Diamonds here," I said while lazily chewing on my French toast.

"Diamonds, you're talking to me?" He asked unsurely.

"You have my respect Principal Wilson, and all I ask for in return is yours as well," I said tiredly.

"Deal, now may I ask why you have called me on my cell?" He asked nervously.

"I'm bringing my guard dog to school, if you ever try something to take him out, I'll take you out, got it?" I asked looking at Soldier.

"Of course, you can bring your guard dog," he encouraged, his voice shaky.

"Great, see you then," I hung up before he could say anything else and I led Soldier back into my car.

"Fuck, I need coffee dude," I said to Soldier who just panted while looking outside.

___________________________

I walked into the school with a cardboard tray of coffee in my hand and a paper bag in the other with Soldier walking right by my side, looking around for any surprises and keeping his guard up. I was a little late to school so I would walk in during the middle of homeroom, but I was too fucking tired to care.

I had stayed at the base all night and searched through papers and papers, trying to consume as much information as possible. I didn't find much in my brother's office but I had told Joe and Richard to collect some important files of businesses we own and financial papers that I could probably look into. They've been coming in and out of my office with files of all different kinds until I finally sent them home so they could rest. Fuck, snooping through my brother's office isn't as easy as snooping through his room holy shit.

I burst into homeroom and all heads turned to me, some waking up from a sleep I had just disturbed. The teacher looked at me in shock and confusion as I approached her - I handed her a coffee which she slowly took out of my hands. I gave her a curt nod and walked to the back of the classroom where the three snoodges looked at me with confusion.

I plopped my bag down next to my seat where Soldier stood guard, and started sipping on my coffee.

"Does Soldier have to follow you everywhere?" Liam whispered over to me. In response I cocked an eyebrow and lifted my coffee up to him as if to say 'cheers' and started sipping on it again.