40

40
<--->

"at least i know you're helping me pack by sitting on my bed and not looking through my drawers," areum teased with a roll of her eyes when she saw hyunjin lay down on her bed with his limbs spread out. he looked like a star while kicking his long legs that were hanging off her bed.

hyunjin chuckled. "want me to do that instead?" he sat up quickly in her bed, grabbing her sheets behind him to wrap him up into a small cocoon. "your blanket is warm."

areum shook her head. she was getting ready to pack some of her clothes and other stuff she needed into her suitcase, but hyunjin was being a huge distraction by being him. he was talking and blabbering about something nonstop and areum wondered deep inside how he was coping up with his heartbreak over maci.

it had been a week and hyunjin was showing progress of getting over her. at least that's what it looked like to areum, but she knew something was up with him. however, she was prepared when hyunjin would tell her his deep feelings. she wasn't going to force him to tell her about what he thought.

areum grabbed a plain white shirt, neatly folding it, and then she put it in her suitcase. she made sure that there was extra space to put some other stuff in as they were going to be gone for four days. four whole days with no wifi. four whole days with no parents or adults around. four whole days with her friends. she was excited.

"you're such a big help," she sarcastically told him, clicking her tongue as she stood on her two feet. "thanks for the help, man." areum dragged her suitcase with her as she made no effort to lift it up with her strength.

hyunjin grinned. "anytime, bro." but really, he did nothing and sat around like a lazy cat. areum was close to kicking him out of her room if it weren't for how adorable he looked with her blanket wrapped around him.

his black hair was sticking up, showing a tad bit of his forehead that was hidden under amounts of hair. hyunjin's smile made her feel funny inside as it looked ten times happier than his other smiles.

"cute," she muttered under her breath, walking over to him to pinch his cheeks. hyunjin hissed at her, bringing his hand up to cup his cheek as it hurt from the pain.

"ow!" he complained, pouting his lips a little. "you just pinched me!"

"be thankful i didn't punch you, sir," areum replied with a smirk on her face. "don't be lazy and actually help me pack. under the sink in my bathroom should be a small box where i keep all my face masks and any other facial accessories, go get it."

hyunjin scoffed as he reluctantly let the blanket go. it fell off his shoulders, and he swung his legs over to the side of the bed before leaping off.

"what am i? a dog?" he frowned.

areum furrowed her brows. "no complaining, mister. i remembered clearly how you wanted to come help me pack today during lunch. if you don't want to help me then get out of my room."

surprised by the sudden attack, hyunjin turned flustered. blood rushed to his cheeks as they turned red along with his ears. he felt embarrassed and gulped nervously. "th-that wasn't wh-what i meant! i'm helping, and that's final."

areum didn't get a chance to say anything as her best friend had already left, leaving her standing in the middle of her room. she held back an amused laugh, and instead, she smiled secretly behind his back. hyunjin was a fool, a good kind of fool though.