46

46
i recommend listening
to the music above :)
<--->

today was the final day they had to spend together. no one wanted to go home as they thought freedom was much worth it than staying stuck inside of a classroom learning about skills.

"i really don't want to leave," areum mumbled to herself, packing her clothes into her suitcase. over the last few days she had fun.

hyunjin was doing the same as her, rushing to get his clothes and accessories inside his suitcases so that he wouldn't have to worry about it later. as he was busy shoving in his shirts, there was a small box that he was familiar with.

the necklace. he never gave it to maci for her birthday.

looking at the necklace made his heart swell. he didn't need it. finding it useless to even throw it away, he looked up to find areum calmly sitting on her bed as she aimlessly looked around.

"here," without looking over at her, he threw the box toward her. "keep it."

if he wasn't going to give it to maci then he might as well give it to areum. he was over the girl that broke his heart. he had to move on, and the familiar things like the necklace weren't going to help him leave her behind.

areum recognized the box and furrowed her eyebrows. she cautiously glanced at him from the corner of her eyes before slowly opening it. "why do you still have this? i thought you gave it to her."

"we broke up," hyunjin replied simply, sounding as if he was done with maci forever. "so i didn't get the chance to give her the necklace. i'd rather give it to you." although areum found it a bit strange and weird for him to give it to her, she still appreciated it nonetheless.

"okay..."

<--->

going home wasn't so easy. there were stops along the way and short bathroom breaks. although they wanted to stay longer, some of them were actually glad they were going home.

sowon gripped her phone tighter, debating whether to text the person back or not. she was worried for her mother who was at home, not knowing if she was okay or not. sighing a little, she decided to face it and be brave.

maci
you're not home either

maci
i had a small talk with your mom
we talked about things

maci
she asked for more money
should i give it to her?

sowon
no

sowon
get out of my house

sowon
please maci, why are you doing this?

maci
i'm not doing anything

maci
i'm saying my goodbye first before i leave to go
to france

maci
i must make it memorable, right?

sowon
if you do anything to my mom
i will never forgive you

sowon nervously waited for a reply, but her message was still on deliver. maci didn't open her message yet and that made her anxious. what was the girl going to do to her mother? biting down on her bottom lip, she worriedly turned to minho.