23

23
<--->

maci grabbed the girl's wrist and yanked her back harshly. while watching the girl crash down to the floor, she breathed heavily and leaned down, crouching at her level of height.

"keep your mouth shut," maci hissed, trying to hide the remorse in her eyes as she bared a strong look. "got it?"

the girl glared at her, watching as maci escaped from the scene as if she did not do anything horrible. the girl shut her eyes closed, shaking her head a little, "how am i supposed to find them now? this is harder than i thought."

<--->

"hwang hyunjin! hwang hyunjin! wait up!" areum called to her best friend who was a few feet away from her. gripping the straps of her heavy backpack tightly, she quickly ran to catch up with him.

yesterday was chaotic and here areum was trying to get used to her daily life again after knowing what seungmin told her. it was harder than she thought because convincing hyunjin that maci was bad for him would take forever for him to understand them.

here you have maci song, the captain of the cheerleading team. she's rich and wealthy, but her snobby attitude makes areum and her friends sick in the stomach.

too bad hyunjin just had to like her.

hyunjin didn't slow down his steps as his eyebrows were furrowed. he was still not over yesterday and was contemplating with himself if he should bluntly speak whatever was on his mind.

"happy tuesday," areum smiled at him, causing him to glance at her for a few seconds then he looked straight forward with no reaction.

"shouldn't you be with seungmin?" he responded rather coldly and harsh. areum didn't mind though as she thought he was having trouble with maci again.

last time the two argued it was about a bracelet that maci had, but then she lost it. the first person she accused of stealing it was hyunjin because she quoted that 'he was the one who was holding her expensive bracelet'. however, the bracelet was in her father's hand so imagine how embarrassing that was for her to accuse her innocent boyfriend.

areum coughed, trying to cover up her laughs. "me? with seungmin? no, he lives on the other side! why would i walk with him?"

the two lived in the same neighborhood so they would always walk to school together before and after. it was always a thing of theirs as interesting topics would be discussed or sometimes the morning silence hugged them too tightly that words weren't exchanged. but that was acceptable as they enjoyed each other's company no matter what.

hyunjin tried his hardest to not roll his eyes. he found it intriguing that areum was basically lying up in his face. "well.. aren't you two like a thing?"

areum's face twisted in disgust as she couldn't believe the words had left his mouth. "what? no! seungmin and i are not a thing. we're just friends!"

hyunjin pursed his lips, not believing her one single bit. he wasn't convinced yet, but somehow he felt relieved. "don't lie to me. i saw you two holding hands in the halls when i was going to the nurse's office." but hyunjin never really made a trip to the nurse, he just stayed with maci until his next class started.