o. story details

Rating: Mature

Warnings: Major Character Death

Categories: F/F, F/M, M/M, Multi

Fandoms: Doctor Who (2005)Doctor Who & Related Fandoms, Torchwood, Torchwood (Big Finish Audio)

Relationships: Eleventh Doctor/River Song, Eleventh Doctor/Original Female Character, Amy Pond/Rory WilliamsJack Harkness/Original Female Character, River Song/Original Female Character, Jack Harkness/Ianto Jones, Ianto Jones/Original Female Character, Jack Harkness/Ianto Jones/Original Female Character

Characters: Jack Harkness, Eleventh Doctor, River Song, Amy Pond, Rory Williams, Ianto Jones, Gwen Cooper, Dalek Oswin Oswald

Language: English

Series: Part 3 of the The Lady of Time Saga series

Cover:

Description:

Description:

     ❝ sometimes we survive by forgetting ❞

     [ 𝐝𝐨𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐨: 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝟓-𝟔 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭-𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝟓, 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝: 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟑 ]

     [ 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐚' ]

     Companions were lost and found. Only one remained. He has a new face. She remains the same.

     Book Three of 'The Lady of Time Saga'

     © frosch, 2019

Preview:

     VIOLET CAN'T HELP BUT smile as she watches River and the Doctor smiling and laughing with Amy and Rory, sitting on the bank of a lake with a picnic before them. Only concerning time travel would any of what Violet is witnessing be true: a daughter and her parents, and the daughter's past/present/future husband, who is also her parents' best friend. It's beautiful, seeing this family whole, but she can't help but feel out of place being the only one who has no true ties to these people.

     While it's true Violet and the Doctor were lovers - married even - ever since he gained a new face he's seemed different to her in a way, and barely seemed to look at the young girl anymore. As if sensing her turbulent mind, one of the Doctor's hands lands on hers and his roughened fingers entwine with her slim ones, making her look up at him with darkened blue eyes. The warm, loving smile he sends her instantly lifts her spirits and coerces a reciprocated smile from her, colour filling her face once again.

     However, that happiness doesn't last as Violet looks over to the lake to see the Impossible Astronaut wading through the shallows. Instantly everyone is on their feet, wary and anxious eyes trained on the figure, Violet's hand tightening its hold on the Doctor's, knowing exactly what is to happen right now, and desperately wanting to prevent it. Reluctantly loosening her hold as the Time Lord walks forward, Violet's miserable blue eyes dart to River for a split second before returning to the astronaut and the man casually walking towards it - towards her.

     Feeling the blue book burning a hole in her bag, Violet's muscles spasm under her skin as the Doctor stops in front of the woman, speaking to her with soft eyes - like she's not the killer they both know she is. The arm of the suit raises and Violet's feet carry her forward in an instant, but the bright green bolts shot from the suit are fired before she's even halfway there, and the Doctor collapses onto the sand.

     Reaching them just as the astronaut lowers its visor, Violet meets the terrified eyes of River Song and the younger girl mouths "I forgive you" to the curly haired woman as she vanishes from view. Cradling his broken body to her chest, Violet cries as the others surround her and the astronaut returns to the lake.