Chapter 31

Negan started to put me down, but I tightened my arms around his neck, silently protesting. He narrowed his eyes at me, catching on but not quite understanding what I wanted. He was probably surprised by my boldness. If only he knew what I intended on doing next.

I leaned forward, letting my forehead rest against his and closed my eyes. He sighed at the contact, his warm breath washing over my face. I let my nose touch his and in response, he rubbed it against mine, earning a few small giggles from me. I opened my eyes and pulled back slightly to gage his reaction. There were so many emotions swimming around in his eyes. Desire was present, but also the sense of curiosity as to whether I'd continue. And I would.
I leaned forward, starting to close the distance between my lips and his. I thought about pulling back for the briefest of seconds, of ending this before it began. But I didn't, because that wasn't an option anymore.

I pressed my lips against his. The kiss was soft and tender, lingering for a moment before ending. I pulled away a fraction of an inch and took a breath before I continued, kissing him again but harder this time. Negan responded instantly, kissing me back with equal force. Before I could protest, I found myself pressed against the wall, Negan's body against mine holding me in place. My legs wrapped around his waist at their own accord and we both moaned from the contact. I didn't pull away when Negan's tongue met my own, completely drunk on the taste of him. My hands threaded through his hair and pulled, me desperate to get as close to him as I could. His hands were on my back and then moved farther down to cup my bottom, pulling me flush against his groin. His body against mine, the hardness of him, it felt like heaven. Still, I found myself ending the kiss, pulling back to look at him, and letting out a soft moan at the pure look of desire on his face. Our breath was coming out in shallow pants from the intensity of our kissing. My wolf was urging me to continue, to claim Negan as mine, but that damn voice in my head was filling me with my usual insecurities.

Negan looked into my eyes and grinned. "Now that was a hell of a first kiss," he stated, his breathing returning to normal.

My breathing was still erratic, so I just hummed in response and closed my eyes, letting my head fall into the crook of his neck. He loosened his hold on me, allowing me to unwrap my legs and fall gently to the ground. I moved my head so it was now against his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heart and breathing in his scent. I felt his hands move to my shoulders as he pulled me closer, caressing me in the most delicate way.

"You okay?" He asked after a few minutes had passed.

I opened my eyes and looked up at him and was overwhelmed by his appearance. His hair was tousled in the sexiest way imaginable and he had a look of pure bliss on his face. God, this man was beautiful.

"I'm okay," I replied, attempting to sound sincere but failing miserably and pursuing my lips. My mind was still swimming around in an ocean of insecurity.
By now, Negan had learned my quirks. He knew when I pursed my lips, something was bothering me.

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "You sure about that?"

He asked. There was something in his tone, something that struck a chord in me. He couldn't actually be thinking it...

"Negan," I said, my voice more confident now. "I don't regret kissing you."

He smirked, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Or grinding on me?" He knew just what to say to make me laugh.

And it did. "No, I don't. I just..." I paused, not knowing how to continue.

"Just what, doll? You can talk to me," he said.

"I...I'm just not that...experienced, you know?"

His eyes widened. "Are you a virgin?"

"No! I'm just...well...before when I've had, you know...it's been bad I guess?"

Negan scoffed. "You guess? Gotta give me more information, Carson. Did you cum?"

I blushed furiously in a matter of seconds. "No..."

"Did you like the guy? Did you like having sex with him?"

I shook my head. "No and no," I paused. "It wasn't just one guy though...I did it again with someone else and it had the same effect."

Negan chuckled. "Then in my opinion, you haven't had sex yet. Not really. Because not either of those dipshits managed to rock your world."

I couldn't help but laugh at his choice of words. "God, Negan!"

"Mhm, you'll definitely be saying that," he winked. I slapped his arm playfully and before I retracted my hand, he took it into both of his.

"Carson, baby, I may have some blue fuckin' balls right now, but we don't have to rush this. Because I guarantee that it'll be worth the wait."

"And if I don't want to wait?" My voice came out, barely a whisper. I looked up at him.

"Then we won't. You just tell me when. Okay?"

I stood on the tips of my toes, barely reaching to kiss the underside of his jaw. "Okay."

"Trust me, doll. When you're with someone you really fuckin' like, it's the best damn thing in the world."

I knew by the sincerity in his voice that he had experienced that before, being with someone he really liked. He may have been talking about his ex wives, but I had a feeling that he meant someone else.

"Are you speaking from experience?" I asked carefully. I knew that topic of conversation would require him to bring up his past, but maybe it was time to talk about it.

He looked down at the ground for a moment and I thought I'd lost him again. But then he surprised me, pulling me close and kissing the top of my head.

"Yeah, I am," he said gruffly.

I decided to press on, pulling back so I could look up at him. "Was it with one of your...wives?"

He shook his head. "No. It was with..." he paused, taking a breath. "My first wife. My only real wife. Lucille."