Changing the subject

OCTOBER 26TH 2013

SUICIDE ATTEMPTS: 1

"So, how was it?" Piper nudges my shoulder and it takes me a moment or two to figure out what she's talking about.

"Terrible, he was a full on jerk. Even asked me why I didn't love him." I shrug my shoulders.

"Ellerie I'm serious. How did it go? Do you really have the same syndrome?" She asks me, seeming genuinely interested in my response.

"It went fine and yeah Nolan has the same syndrome as me. Isn't it a bit strange though?"

"What? That you met a hot guy because of this unknown disease thing you have. Yeah, it's strange."

"Piper I never said he was hot."

"But the way you sighed when you said his name implied it." She smiles, "So, Josh Hutcherson hot or Theo James hot?"

"More like a cross between Logan Lerman and Ian Harding." She nods her head.

"Not bad, not bad." She says and I can't help but laugh. "Are you going to see him again?"

"Well that's kind of the whole point, we'll be working together with loads of Doctor people to figure out what the cause and cure of our illness is." She stares at me.

"So you don't like him like that then?"

"Pipes he's in the year above us and you haven't even met him. I doubt he'll want me to give you his number."

"So you have his number?" I nod and she mirrors me, " It sort of actually sucks that you've been kicked out of school you know?"

"I haven't been kicked out it's a temporary suspension and how on Earth can you go from trying to get a guys number to school?"

"It's a gift. Anyway, at lunch after you left yesterday, Amber walked up to George who was stood with Lana, Marcus and Evie and-"

"Evie? Why is she hanging around with them?" I ask and she looks at me as though she could rip my head off my shoulders for interrupting her mid-sentence.

"I do not know. Where was I?" She kicks the ground beneath her feet, "Right, Amber kissed George, Lana ripped Ambers necklace from around her neck, George broke up with Lana and Marcus almost cried."

"What?" I exclaim, "Why did George break up with Lana?"

"I don't know the gossip hasn't reached me yet," She pouts, "But I did over hear someone say that Lana cheated on him and he's been looking for another reason to dump her so people don't find out about the cheating situation."

"Who did she cheat with?"

"My guess is Marcus, but it could be anyone. Then again Marcus is madly in love with Amber so that's not likely. I don't know."

"That's a first." I sigh.

"Oh ha ha." We turn the corner towards my house and start to walk faster.

"Why are you so scared of my street?"

"Because people around here creep me out, remember that so-called homeless guy who tried to get us to give him our purses."

"Yeah, I remember. I had a broken leg and he grabbed one of my crutches so you wacked him round the head with your bag." She laughs.

"Yeah then he didn't get up and we had to call an ambulance..." Our laughter stops awkwardly.

"They kept asking us whether he was a relative or a stranger and you told them that he was a creep who wasn't very good at mugging so you hit him around the head."