N.1

Las Vegas, Thursday 1:23 am
Seoul, Friday, 5:23 pm.

I was deeply burrowed into the best nap I've had in ages; Snuggled and nested in the fetal position as my blanket hugged around me perfectly. The moment I took a low relaxing breath, the sound of my phone ringing loudly startled me awake. My eyes opened instantly, jolting me with a racing heart as I glanced at the screen.

He wanted to FaceTime.

Smiling, I quickly jumped out of the bed before answering but laid the phone down as I ran to the mirror, did a quick up style to my hair and grabbed my makeup brush in hopes of covering the sleep from my face.

I cleared my voice before speaking but my heart was in overdrive, "Hello?"

There was a rustling in the background that I couldn't quite make out nor could I see as I continued my quick routine.

"Hi" I heard him pause, realizing he was watching the ceiling and not my face. "Hmm...Shae?"

I grinned at the wonder in his voice. "Yeah?"

"Where are you?"

"Sorry, I...uh...had to...uh..." I couldn't form a clear sentence as I put the finishing touches on my lipstick.

"You...what?" He asked, frowning as I can imagine.

I gave one last look of approval in the mirror. Feeling satisfied with myself, I grabbed my phone but kept it upright until I situated back on the bed with my blanket over me.

"Shae?" He was beginning to sound concerned.

I turned the phone toward me and smiled as I saw him lying down on his bed, eyebrows knitted and lip curled.

"Hi!" I grinned excitedly. "Sorry," I added, pouting in a cute manner or at least I thought it was. This is kind of new to me...being someone's girlfriend is something that I haven't been accustomed to in some time.

He quirked his brow at me. "What were you doing?"

"Well, I was asleep when you call and I woke up a mess." I bit my lip shyly.

"What do you mean? A mess? You are beautiful." He complimented as he puckered his lips for a kiss.

I'm beautiful? That's definitely a first from him. I shook my head, "you're just saying that. "

"I mean that. Besides, hmm" A silly closed mouth grinned covered his lips as he wiggled his brows.

"Besides what? And why are you not asleep?" I glanced up at the time. "It's past one in the morning there."

"I can't sleep, not until I see you." He answered as he pointed into the phone. "I can never sleep until I call you first."

My stomach flipped.

"You could have texted me." I smiled.

"It's not the same." His voice lowered an octave.

I suppressed a whimper. "I supposed it wouldn't be. Besides, I would rather see or hear you too."

He stared at me, brows furrowing as his tongue passed between his lips.

He was in deep thought.

He suddenly turned his attention to the knock coming from his door then looked back to me, holding his finger up. He placed his phone face down to the bedspread.

Before long, I heard the echo of voices throughout the quiet room. I didn't recognize it but I could only assume it was another member. I didn't want to eavesdrop and I couldn't make out everything they were saying. I did hear him explaining that he was on the phone. There was a slight teasing coming from the other voice.