|let my baby stay • latrelle|

Start from the beginning

"Wait up!" He called after me. I kept walking trying to ignore him but that just failed, he caught up with me two seconds later.

"You ignoring me or something? If I did something wrong you need to tell me. I'm trying to be better for you, (Y/n)." He muttered as he walked along next to me. I sighed turning my face towards his sad one.

"But you should have been a gentleman. Maybe if you greeted me more maturely, then I would have given you an answer. Guess you'll just have to wait." I shrugged at him. He obviously didn't know I was just trying to buy myself more time. He looked at me quizzically before smirking at me.

"So I'm supposed to say, 'Good morning madam. Would you like to accompany me on a date? It would please me very much if you said yes'. " He paused and coughed before continuing. "Nah I'm not saying that proper shit. I'd rather say, 'Aye shawty. You fine as hell. Lemme take you out'." He looked me up and down while licking his already soft lips.
I widened my eyes at him before laughing.

"That's worse!" I smiled while lightly punching his muscular shoulder. "I gotta get to class. See you later." I finished as I stepped inside my first period.

"You better give me an answer (Y/n). I'm freaking out when you give me mixed signals." He pouted. I sighed before stepping out into the hallway again.

"I'm going to tell you Latrelle. If you really want this you can wait. Okay?"

"Aight." He shook his head yes while walking backwards, still facing me. "You are so worth the wait (Y/n)."

I blushed while looking down. I hurriedly went inside the classroom before the late bell rang. When the teacher finally came in and began teaching, it all went through one ear and out the other. I only had one thing on my mind and it was Latrelle.

I already know my answer for the date, but I want to make sure it's the best choice. I don't want to fall in love and then get my heart broken. That's the worst feeling ever. I'm too young for that to happen yet.

•••

When school was finally over, I headed to my locker. It was a boring day. All we did was go over lessons for our final exams. I grabbed my textbooks and homework getting ready to go home. I turned around a gasped when Latrelle was in front of me.

"You scared me you idiot!" I clutched my first over my heart. He laughed at my reaction.

"That shit was funny." He chuckled.

"Jerk." I muttered. I pushed him out of the way with my shoulder and walked down the hallway.

"Hold up, (Y/n). Sorry if I pissed you off." I rolled my eyes at him.

"I gotta get home. My dads here to pick me up." I opened the doors to the front of the school and stepped outside. Instantly the L.A. sun hit my skin. It was so hot.

"I thought you were going to tell me your answer." Latrelle furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. I sighed before turning to him.

"Yes. I'll go on a date with you."

Latrelle widened his eyes in excitement. "You for real? Like for real, for real?" I nodded my head with a small smile. "Yes!" He yelled. He picked me up and spun me around, my books and homework falling out of my hands.

"Latrelle! My homework!" I giggled. He gently set me down while still holding me close to him.

"I told you that you was going to be mine." He whispered in my ear. This earned a blush from me. I hurriedly kneeled down picking up the fallen paper. Latrelle helped by picking up the heavy textbooks.

"Thank you." I smiled gratefully.

"Anything for you baby." He grinned. I shook my head with a small smile on my face. He quickly leaned in and kissed my lips softly. When we broke apart, he jogged away.

"I'm picking you up at 7:00! Better be ready beautiful!" He yelled. I nodded at him.

"Bye Latrelle." I giggled.

Tonight was going to be a long night but it was totally worth it.

hope you liked :)