|nights like this • cesar|

Make sure to vote and comment!

I moved along to the beat. Moving my hips with the song. I let the music take over me.

I needed to get my mind off him. And this was the only way to do it. Cesar broke my heart and I was hurting. So Ruby, being the good friend he is, threw a party for me.

I had a few drinks but not enough to get drunk. Just to get lose. I was always so uptight and I hated that.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" Jamal yelled over the song.

Turning around, I saw him dancing to the music. Or at least trying to.

"How are my dance skills?" He asked while moving his eyebrows in an attempt to do a "wave" motion.

"I mean... I fuck with you for trying." I laughed out.

"Damn. Really thought I could get some chicas with these moves." Jamal sighed.

I laughed again, and walked over to the drink table. I decided to grab a water, I was not in the mood to get a hangover. I leaned against the wall while sipping from the red solo cup.

I scanned my eyes over the crowd of teens. My eyes soon met familiar brown ones. It was Cesar. Of course he would be here.

I quickly looked away, breaking eye contact, and tried to find Monse. I walked through the crowd and went outside to find Ruby and her talking together.

"Hey guys." I smiled.

They both turned to me, furrowing their eyebrows.

"(Y/n)! Your supposed to be inside, getting your mind off Cesar!" Ruby whined.

I crossed my arms over my chest while tapping my foot against the pavement.

"But how can I do that if he's in there? I can't focus if Cesar's just staring at me!" I groaned.

"Are you that stupid?" Ruby asked.

Monse jabbed Ruby in the ribs with her elbow, earning a few curse words from him.

"It means hes not over you! (Y/N) you need to get back inside and show him what he's missing."

Monse stepped forward to me and put a hand on my shoulder. She gave me a look as if to say "Bitch, get inside". I sighed and grudgingly went back in the overcrowded house.

•••

"ON SOME NIGHTS LIKE THIS,  SHAWTY, I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK OF US." Me and Jamal sang out, over the blasting music and crowd.

"I'VE BEEN REMMINISCIN', SIPPIN', MISSIN' YA." I sang loudly.

Jamal started to dance and fake twerk to the rest of the song. I laughed at his stupid antics. I started dancing to the beat of the music, not singing along with the lyrics this time.

"Hey Jamal, I'm gonna get a drink. Want anything?"

"Hell yes! Bring some more shots!" He drunkenly yelled. He attempted to step towards me, but he fell instead tripping over his own feet. I tried hard not to laugh, but came to no avail.