One Bullet

"Thanks Gina"

"Don't sweat it gurl, this queen here knows the truth"

Everyone in the room was still whispering in confusion. Where they making things up?

Rosa looked across the room to see Jake on the floor with his legs close to his chest and arms hugging them tight. His head hung low. She decides to walk towards him, and sort things out

"Jake. What's wrong?"

He lifted his head up, looking deep into Rosa's eyes.

"What the hell is true!?"

"Jake, I may not be correct but I know for sure Amy did not write that letter. If you know her well, you should at least have hope and believe this!! Get your head in the game Jake!"

"Then who Rosa!? Who did it!!?"

"It's not a hard guess, clearly that bitch"

Jake pounced to his feet, taking a massive gulp of his drink, wobbling slightly.

"Listen here Rosa, stop blaming all this shit on her! For once be fucking smart and look down other paths! Who else would do it!?"

"Are you seriously kidding me!? Open your eyes Jake! The pattern is clear,Who was last with Amy when she was drunk? Who found the letter? TAYLOR! If you don't see this, then how are you a detective?"

"You take that back!"

Jake started to get closer to Rosa, his breath smelling of pure alcohol.

"I'll take it back when you finally have the courage and loyalty to admit that that criminal bitch is the main attraction to this. But for now, don't come an inch near me until I hear the day you finally smell the coffee and realise that she is the cause of this."

Rosa then turned around making her way out of the bar. Gina ahead slowly clapped her hands in sarcasm, then finally making her way out to catch Rosa. Jake then smashed his bottle on the floor, causing commotion in the bar. Everyone just looked at him with concern and fright.

"Jake, let's go" said Charles trying to guide him out of the bar.

"Get off me!"

"No. Let's go!" he pushed harder but Jake just pushed him. Charles slammed onto the floor with shock,  how could his best friend do that. He wasn't him, he was a different person. It wasn't the person Charles knew.

"I mean it! Stay off me!"

Jake then made his way to the bar

"One scotch with rocks please!"

Terry then grabbed him by the arm, trailing him out of the bar while he squirmed.

"Not on my watch, your drunk enough! Look at what you've created!"

Jake snatched his arm back, then looking on the ground with shame.

"You threw your best friend on the ground. I say you take a week off work and go home till you sort your head out"

"I don't need time off! I need the truth!"

"We all do Jake!! We are all in the same situation your living in!! But we keep moving forward, cause we want to find her. We want to find answers. But you Jake, are holding us back... Now go home!!"

"Fine. If you don't need me I quit."

He pulled his badge off and threw it onto the dark damp floor.

"problem fixed."

"This isn't necessary Jake"

"Im sure you'll do better without me. Good luck on the case"