eighteen.

July 2, 2021

Noah quickly exited his car once he spotted Hassan walking through the parking lot.

"Hassan! Hassan!" He called out as he jogged after him. He thought about what Hassan told him and cleaned himself up. He realized what he did was unprofessional but he had been depressed ever since his label dropped him. Hassan looked up from his phone and saw Noah standing in front of him.

"Wassup? What 'chu doing here?" Hassan questioned.

"Look, I thought about what you said and went home and got myself together. I know the way I acted the other day was hella unprofessional and I'm sorry. I'm not drunk or high right now, and I have the money for studio time today."

Hassan nodded his head while observing him from head to toe. "Are you sure you're ready to-"

"Yeah. I'm positive. It's been so long since I've been in the studio. I need to get back in there."

"Alright. Lets see what 'chu got." Hassan said and walking towards the front entrance. Noah locked his car with his key fob and followed Hassan inside.

*****

"Thank you so much for meeting me here!" Monica sighed while embracing Harley with a hug. Over the past few weeks, she created a friendship with Harley. They clicked so well and Monica didn't have many real friends. Half of them were basketball wives.

"I honestly didn't mind. Who turns down free cake tasting?" Harley laughed while sitting across from her. Since today was her off day, she decided to meet up with Monica at Daisy's Bakery.

"I heard good things about this place. My mom made the appointment. Ugh, I swear she's trying to take over my wedding."

"She's just happy for you."

"Easy for you to say. Get to know her. You'll understand how she is."

"Good Afternoon. Welcome to Daisy's Bakery. You must be Monica Forde?" The blonde-haired woman spoke while clasping her hands together.

"Yes I am. And this is my friend Harley." Monica introduced her. She enjoyed hanging around Monica. She only hoped that Hassan's parents would be as welcoming as Monica was when they first met.

"Nice to meet you both. Are you ready to taste some of our most famous cakes?"

"Yes." Monica and Harley spoke in unison.

"Alright I'll be right back." Once the woman walked away, Monica decided to drill Harley with questions about her and Hassan.

"So, how are you and my brother doing?"

"We're good. Despite barely spending time with him, we're good."

"He's letting work get the best of him again I see." She sighed. "He could be so-"

"No it's okay." Harley laughed. "I don't mind. I'm busy with school and working two jobs."