Over the summer break I had spent quite a lot of time at Arthur and Archie's house, and other places together.

At the start I tried to stay away from them for a few days at a time so I didn't get too attached or dependant on them to get through the holidays.

It didn't work, as if I didn't meet them at the gates for the park (which was the halfway point between our houses) they would come knocking on my door, and if I didn't answer? They would knock on my window.

And quite frankly, I couldn't help but want to be around them more and more.

Though with them knocking on my door every other day they soon met my mum. Most mum's might be unsettled by this unusual case of events, but she was just glad that I had finally made some other friends. And 'charming ones aswell' she had added. Of course she soon found out about my job and was thrilled about it.

But unfortunately today was the end of the summer break.

My first day at high school.

I had found out that I would be going to the same high school as the brothers which made freshman year look a lot less intimidating.

"Mum, I'm going to wait for Arthur and Archie." I called putting on my shoes. Arthur had said that he would pick me up for school. I wasn't sure if he could drive so I was prepared to walk.

"Wait!" My mum ran down the stairs a grin on her face. "Don't go yet."

A small smile was on her face as she revealed her closed hand "there's something I want to give you."

Her hand unfurled to reveal a small ring. It had a silver band with a larger jade in the centre and two smaller jades beside it.

My lips parted "what's it for?"

"Your father gave it to me." She said softly, her big brown eyes watching for a reaction.

"Why?" I couldn't see why he would give her a ring when they only knew each other for a month.

"Remember how I met your father?" I nodded. He had been in a band on tour performing at her high school. Their singer had ditched them and they needed someone to fill in for him while the band was in town. That's how they met my mum.

She bit her lip, her eyes shining "well when he was at a gig someone threw the ring at him, presumably because of a breakup. He said that he thought of me when he got it."

I screwed up my eyebrows, that was a bit unusual. "How did it make him think of you? You don't have green eyes."

"The Chinese believe jade attracts love. The day after it was thrown at him he met me and guess what I as wearing? A green dress, apparently green is our colour."

"Our colour?"

"The colour that compliments our features. Jade is also believed to protect against enemies and hazards when on a journey."

"But he was the one that left us."

She stroked my hair "he would never leave you, he didn't know and neither did I at the time. Perhaps he meant the journey of life?"

I didn't say anything and looked down.

"You know, he would be so proud of you. Your first day at high school and a model. I wish he could see you now. His little Delilah, all grown up."

"I still don't get it. Why would you give the name he wanted when were never going to see him again?"

"Because your still his child, he's part of you.  He talked about wanting a daughter called Delilah. He loved the name and then she could have her own song aswell. Our song. Even if he's not physically present in your life right now, at least this is a way for him to be with you." She pulled me into a hug.