Chapter 14: New Additions

July 18, 2013

“And there goes number fifteen, Josh McTerry with another home run. The Yankees sure are lucky to have acquired him from the Astros, right Mark?” said one of the baseball commentaries, Gene Herman.

Mark Labe, his partner, answered, “I don’t even know why the Astros would let him go! He’s been their MVP ever since he joined the team!”

“Rumors have it that Josh slept with one too many of the other players’ daughters,” Gene said with a laugh and Mark joined in.

“Speaking of rumors, there’s one that the infamous playboy is ready to settle down.”

Gene nodded, “I heard that it was his lawyer, the one that helped him in his DNA case seven months ago.”

“And there we have it folks,” Mark said, “that’s the end of the game. After the homerun by Josh McTerry, the Yankees have beaten the Phillies 7-6. Thank you for joining us on this fine Sunday afternoon, signing off this is Mark Labe and Gene Herman.”

Since this win clinched the fact that the Yankees had a spot in the playoffs, people were allowed to rush the field. Of course, Jenna found her man easily in the large crowd. He was the one surrounded by females, vying for his attention.

Though Jenna knew that Josh wouldn’t give these women the light of day anymore, it still made her hackles rise to see them all clamoring over her boyfriend.

She pushed her way through the scantily clad women to wrap her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

The crowd soon dissipated as the two lovebirds felt like they were the only two on the field.

When finally coming up for air, Jenna realized that the women were glaring and she couldn’t help but give them a ‘he’s mine and not yours’ grin; the women then huffed away.

Josh laughed; he knew exactly what Jenna was doing. He didn’t mind being a part of her schemes.

“Congratulations Josh, you’re going to the playoffs!” Jenna told him, her smile bright.

Josh kissed her again, “I know, but we won’t be able to see each other much,” he finished with a frown.

“Oh Josh,” Jenna said, “I’ll be at all of your games, okay?”

“What about the time in between? You’ll be bored without me,” he said with a wink.

“Josh, I think I can find more things to occupy my time other have having sex with you,” Jenna said, and she noticed some people turned their heads towards them.

She blushed while Josh grinned, “I know, I want you to plan something for me.”

“A party? Like for when you guys win and you’re coming home?” Jenna asked.

Josh shook his head and pulled something out his pocket, it was another velvet box.

Jenna was used to these, she got one every month, there was either a pair of earrings or another necklace, all with a sappy line that Josh thought up, but it was the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for her.

But this time was different; Josh opened the box and got down on one knee. “More like a wedding,” Josh replied.

Jenna’s jaw dropped as she saw the huge square diamond that resided in the box.

There were gasps as people turned towards them, and Josh said this to her, “Jenna, ever since you’ve come into my life, I’ve never felt the urge to be with any other woman. It wasn’t until I almost lost you that I realized that you were the woman I’d like to grow old with. Jenna Love, I already told you that you have my heart, I’d like to give everything else to you, will you become my wife?”