Chapter 10: Kiss Gone Wrong

December 18, 2012

Josh was wearing his ‘Kiss the Cook’ apron while he made his famous blueberry pancakes. Josh actually felt pretty weird, normally when he was cooking breakfast for a woman, he was naked under this apron; but this time he was actually wearing clothes.

Josh smiled to himself as he flipped the pancakes and checked on the sizzling bacon. He needed to think of the perfect present for Jenna since Christmas was just around the corner.

But with his mind on Jenna, her question from the night before haunted him. “Do you love me, Josh?”

Josh shivered from the memory. It wasn’t that didn’t he care for Jenna; it’s just that the last time he loved a woman he got screwed over, by none other than Roxy.

Yes, as psychoanalytic as it seems, the reason why he treated women the way he does – or did – was because he was afraid of getting hurt. So he, in a way, hurt women before they could do it to him – giving him the womanizer reputation.

Josh wasn’t proud of it, but that’s who he was; and Jenna was a fool to think she might have deeper feelings for him.

Josh sighed, but if there was a woman he’d be willing to risk his heart for, it’d be Jenna.

Josh turned his head towards the door as he heard it ring. He smiled; he was ready to start breakfast with Jenna. But it wasn’t Jenna at the door.

Josh was then attacked by his little sister, “Kathy!” Josh exclaimed as his baby sister strangled the life out of him.

“Josh, I’ve missed you! You need to move back to Texas, or at least come visit us up in Montana!” Kathy told him as she released him and looked him over.

“You look good, big brother,” Kathy said with a grin.

Josh struck a pose, out of all the people in his family, Kathy had no problems stroking Josh’s ego. Everyone also blamed her for Josh being such a narcissist.

Josh looked behind Kathy to see the rest of the bunch; the whole family flew up to see him!

Josh greeted Duncan with a smile and handshake and ushered them inside and prepared for another attack much similar to their mother’s.

“Uncle Josh!” Alex and Drea screamed out simultaneously as they each grabbed a leg and squeezed.

“Hey munchkins!” Josh said, lifting one in each arm, “Wow, you guys are getting so big!”

“We’re eight now, Uncle Josh, we’re growing up!” Alex replied.

Josh kissed them each on the cheek and set them down to greet their two year old brother and two month old sister.

Then in walked the hard ass himself, “Josh,” Jon nodded towards his younger brother.

They stared at each other for a moment before Jon grinned and pulled Josh into a bear hug. After all the hugs today, Josh thought his ribs wouldn’t be intact afterwards, especially after Jon was done showing his affection.

“A hug?” Josh asked incredulously, well, as well as he could while being breathless, “Jon, I think Kendra turned you soft!”

Kendra walked in, while burping little Caleb on her shoulder. After letting out a sound that Kendra deemed a burp – Josh thought it was more of a roar, he was definitely Jon’s child – Kendra handed the ten month old over to his father.

She gave him a hug and said, “It’s good to see you, Josh.”

“Good to see you too, Red,” Josh replied with a grin.