Chapter 4: Baby Mama Drama

November 15, 2012

“What, Mom?” Josh said into his phone. “Laura’s pregnant? That’s great! Who would have thought James had it in him?”

Josh listened as his mother rambled on; he eventually zoned out and was snapped out of it when his doorbell rang.

He walked over, phone tucked between his ear and shoulder as he answered the door. And it was when he laid eyes on the woman there, his peaceful world came crashing down.

“Mom,” Josh said numbly, as he stared at the woman, “I’ll call you back later.”

Edna smiled on the other line; she knew exactly who was at the door. “Okay, honey, I love you, bye.”

When Edna hung up the phone she looked over at Trenton. “Operation: Downfall has begun.”

Trenton grinned, “Excellent.”

“Roxy,” Josh said surprised, “what are you doing here?”

Roxy had a toddler on her hip, “Hi, Josh. I would like you to meet someone, your three year old son, Joshua Jr.”

“Holy shit,” Josh said before he passed out and hit the floor.

000

Jenna was driving over to Josh’s house after she’d called his cellphone three times without any answer. Jenna took it upon herself as his new lawyer to make him cut down on his womanizing ways until he was settled with a team; a scandal right now could affect his chances as a free agent.

By the time Jenna got up to his floor and let herself in, she was surprised to see a woman in there with him. Josh happened to be sprawled out on the floor while a toddler was tugging on his hair.

“What is going on here?” Jenna asked as she made her way over to them.

“Who are you? Josh’s new lover?” the woman asked her.

“No, I’m Josh’s new lawyer. Who are you and what are you doing here?”

The woman folded her arms, “Good thing he has a lawyer because I’m going to sue him for everything he’s worth!”

It was now that Josh decided to make an appearance. “Ow,” he said, “Roxy, tell your kid to let go of my hair.”

My kid? He’s yours too, Josh! I’ve raised him for three years. It’s about time he spends some time with his father.”

Jenna put a hand over her face, “Wait, you’re not telling me that you think this kid is Josh’s?”

Roxy looked offended, “Of course he’s Josh’s! Look at them!”

Jenna looked down to compare the two. It really was hard to tell, the child looked more like Roxy than anyone else.

“Josh get up, and you,” Jenna said to Roxy, “Josh will not be paying you a dime until we prove that this kid belongs to him.”

Roxy then turned on a woozy Josh, “How dare you deny that this is our child. You told me, Josh,” Roxy started to tear up; “you told me that I was the first woman you actually made love with. This is our love child, Josh. How you could deny this…” Roxy finished with a shake of her head.

Josh opened his mouth to say something but Jenna stopped him, “You won’t say anything to her, Josh. She could use it against you in court. I will have to ask you to leave, Roxy.”

Roxy glared at Jenna, “Fine.” She picked up Josh Jr. from the floor and walked to the door. “I’ll see you in court, Josh,” she threw over her shoulder and left.