Chapter 13: Daddy?

Chapter 13: Daddy?

January 3, 2013

After seeing his family off to their various parts of the country, Josh went over to Jenna’s house to pick her up.

They were going to Roxy’s apartment that afternoon to hopefully talk some sense into her, or at least get her admitted to the closest loony bin.

When Josh let himself into her home he imagined him doing this twenty years from now. Teenage kids would be leaving and going, Jenna might be in the kitchen calling up some Chinese food – Jenna did not cook, he was the chef in the relationship.

While thinking of the future, Jenna walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her face in his back, inhaling his scent.

Everything about him just made her want to toss away all responsibilities and never leave the bed, with him in it of course.

“Hello Jenna, you look beautiful today,” Jenna heard Josh say. She also felt the rumbling of his voice through his back on her cheek.

She laughed, “You haven’t even looked at me,” she replied.

Josh turned around in her arms, “Yeah but I don’t need to see you to know you’re looking beautiful.”

She hit his arm despite the huge grin spreading across her face. Had anyone else said that to her, she would have laughed in their face, but Josh had her grinning.

She looked him up and down, “Well, you look mighty beautiful as well,” Jenna replied.

Josh grinned, “Oh my God! Thank you! I spent all afternoon looking for the perfect outfit,” Josh said in the most flamboyant voice he could muster.

Jenna started laughing her head off, “Please, stop,” she said, holding her stomach, “you do gay too well, it’s a little scary.”

Josh just grabbed his giggling girlfriend by the hand and led her out to his car, locking the door behind him.

“You of all people should know just how straight I am,” Josh said to her after they’d gotten settled in his car.

Jenna grinned, “I don’t know, maybe you could show me later?”

“Your wish is my command,” Josh replied with his signature smile and wink.

000

Jenna was shocked at just how horribly Roxy lived. There were homeless people that lived in boxes that had a better environment.

“Oh my God,” Jenna whispered, shaking her head in disgust. The place smelled like cheap beer, pee and faintly of sex.

“No wonder she wanted to squeeze money out of you,” Jenna said to Josh.

“What I don’t understand is how this happened,” Josh said as they climbed the stairs up to Roxy’s apartment.

“When we broke up she took a few million dollars out my bank account. There’s no way she could have blown all that money in three years.”

Jenna just shrugged, “It’s easy to lose that amount of money.”

“How?” Josh asked.

“Shoes,” Jenna said simply. Josh shook his head; women and their shoes were like men and their strippers.

They knocked on the door of the place that they found out Roxy lived at. There was the sound of crying coming from the apartment, as well as the sound of numerous locks as the person unlocked the door.