Awakening & Worlds Collide -1

Start from the beginning

      I couldn't bring myself to feel bad for it when it collapsed, the bones that were held together fell apart. A green blur passed over my vision yet again. Was it the cause of the creature's end? I turned around only to find no sign of my savior only grass and trees...and a trail of rocks.

      Had they moved on already?

World's Collide...

    Another sigh leaves her lips and out into the darkness of the night. Her role was to look out for any threats that approached the village. It was a simple one and to...her was the most boring of all of them.

     This nameless village was a place where many people settled and dreams had gone to die. Somehow she and her sister found this place the most suitable to call home. It's mostly quiet throughout the day, except for a few occurrences between people and the land. Having most guards that decided to settle here spent their days at The Well. An old tavern that was placed right where supposedly a well used to be. There was nothing not worthy in the village so most guards stayed there till daybreak. When their shifts would eventually call for them to patrol and protect the remaining villagers here.

    Whoever actually ran the place and kept the beer supply...she didn't know. All she knew was that it never seemed to run out, even with the guards drinking their lives away. She didn't care to find out either if she would have to go in there. The very atmosphere of the tavern made her sick to her stomach.

   The honey blonde leans on her sword, that object standing tall due to indent it was carved into ill the gravel below her feet. Although she adored the people and the ease that the environment gave her. Estelle was presently only skilled in terms of physical means which is why she enlisted into guard work in he'd early years. However here her options were limited after the Head Guard assigned her to stand and wait for the squire. Supposedly she was stationed here to look out and wait for any sign of his return and report if he had been injured after he recklessly went out on his own. Except that had been hours ago the setting sun being her witness to the time passing.

     That idiot better have not got himself killed. Pulling her sword out of the ground she put at its usual place at her waistband. Down the gravel path she journeyed consciously looked around for the golden lining of a helm that the squire seemed to wear often. He had received the thing from Lord Mikhael himself, which she understood at a degree to why he kept it. That is until she remembered that those very colors were designed to fit the lord and their personal knight. Who would be Garroth instead of Zenix but who was she to complain. The darker haired male always seemed strange in her eyes, others saw her as being skeptical or callous to her younger peer. None of that mattered to her once she actually gained a glimpse of his true self, then she could no longer understand his choices nor could she bring her self to think lightly of him.

"Zenix..."

The blood painted the golden trims of his armor a deep red. His eyes mirrored that hue of a bloodstone, dark and muddy like he had not seen the light of day in years. He was on his knees surrounded by lifeless bodies he had just previously slain. Slaughtered. Was more like it. His original assignment was to detain these bandits, since they were just petty thieves.  People with lives outside of their cowardice acts to steal from others, as that was the way they survived. They didn't stand a chance against him, who was trained personally by a knight who personally reached the top of his peers. He tore them apart like the typical monster in fairy tales. The only difference is he did not feast on them, his eyes showed zero interest now that he sensed there was no life left in them.