Awakening & Worlds Collide -1

I am kinda excited to revisit the past and make my original story with a stronger start. Maybe that's just me though.╮(─▽─)╭

This beginning part so that it doesn't confuse you starts with Awakening and some time passes before Worlds Collide.

Love all my readers though this will always be a safe place for you.

~ Aurora <3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awakening

     This world lies still like a story of an unopened book, waiting to be opened. The people of the land, lived the same moment in their lives unknowingly as if they were chess pieces upon a game board. A long silence within time as a sense of change begins to move the pieces. Who could have guessed such an event would take place in a small town?

--

     It felt warm, when I managed to open my eyes to feel myself lying on the grass. The sun shining directly on my skin was nice if not blinding. The forest was quiet like it had just awakened too. I was alone. That was an understatement but there was not a single memory, I looked down at my hands. Gloves with holes that wrapped around my fingers. Luckily without even touching I could tell I was dressed, that being good enough for me. Using my newfound strength to push off the ground, my surroundings became clearer.

    I was in the middle of a forest.

     That I could tell just by looking at the array of trees. My mind was fuzzy and proved to be no help whatsoever to which direction I should go. There had to be somewhere I could find answers to the holes in my memory. Stretching out, I could feel a slight breeze passing through.

That's where I'll go...

     Crawling to my feet I said goodbye to the uncomfortable place I had been laying. For who knows how long. Going against the current winds, I took my journey one step at a time. Quickly distracted by the sights stopping at a little creak where the water housed a family. Of croaking frogs. They shared a glittery skin like they laid in some kind of dust since they were born. Crouching down I found a certain joy in watching them sing a melody I've never heard before.

    The croaking stops when a whistle-like sound shoots through the air. Taking a step back as a strange object hit the water. Curiosity compels me to see what it was on, but rationale tells me to move on. Which one I followed would lead me on two very different paths.

     Turning away from the object wasn't any of my business, I continued on the unseen path of my journey. As I turned a green blur rushed beside me. I couldn't tell what it was but it definitely wasn't the wind. Walking on the path that existed in my mind, I left the creak behind. My wellbeing was my priority, I couldn't help but begin to worry as the sky had changed from it light blue to a mix of orange and pink. The sun was also falling out of the sky which was strange.

        Maybe it was just my imagination? Something felt off. As if I had stepped into the predator's home, and the sound of a whistle was behind me. I turned to it hoping to see a person, but the person behind me.

Wasn't a person at all.

      It wasn't hard to tell by its lack of breathing, or the eerie clicking sound it made when its bones scraped against each other to move around. It's body convulsions like an erratic dance from the afterlife, to attempted steps toward it. Creating a limp that made it's body sway side to side...a monster. That was the best description though I don't even know what that word means.