Silence Before The Storm - 3

Chapter 3 -
The silence before the storm...

Hey I'm back with a new chapter no less!

Things have been a little iffy on my end but I'm hoping it'll get better. Without further ado the continuation of the rewrite! :)

~ Aurora <3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Aphmau led the way up the small incline as she looked around, though they were a ways from the town. She seemed more interested in what was here in front of her to notice. Estelle hoped that she could rest easy now that it was behind her. Well that was just her thoughts as Aphmau did need time to heal those wounds completely after all. Coming up on a small barn aka Brenden and Kiki's home. The barn was attached to a smaller building, still having the same makeup as the village. It did not house much but a few small animals and a reddish brown haired male...

face down in the grass.

      "Is he alright?"Aphmau hurried to his side up to him crouching down to check if he was still alive.

       Luckily he was still breathing. Estelle did not look surprised to him on the floor, as she took her time getting there. Even stepping over him checking the perimeters around the barn. Garroth on the other hand walked around him knocking on the door to check if anyone else was home. Seemed this was a usual occurrence Aphmau was relieved it wasn't a response to his traumatic experience.

      "...really Brenden? The lambs are gonna think you're a new type of grass."She came back after making sure everything was as it should be.

      "I've taken a hit in the heart!"He climbed to his knees, crying out his frustrations, his shirt was open revealing some of his chest.

      "It was in the leg you dunce...that's why your sister crossed towns to come over to take care of you."Estelle shook her head, disappointed in his little act he was putting on.

     Aphmau smiles as she watches Estelle interact with Brendan, the clash in their two personalities was interesting to watch. Feeling like she as a traveler shouldn't cut in just yet, taking a bystander role as she stood a little away from them.

      "Oh...hello I see you've met my brother."A person walks out of the building with her hair the same reddish brown as Brendan.

Must be a familial trait...

     Aphmau notes the jumper she was wearing had an apron attached to it. She wondered if the woman was busy as the apron had some dirt on it.

     "Kiki, sorry you had to move all your things from Brightport....I know your brother did not make the move easy on you."Estelle looked down at the "older brother" with disdain he shies away from her behind his sister.

      "...I apologize for acting out."Brenden looks almost ashamed to be seen by this new and pretty stranger.

      "Just go fix that open patch in the barn."His sister didn't take his apology to heart, pointing him away, as she talked to her guests."What can I do for you all?"

      "We heard strange people recently attacked Brenden, has anything happened since?"Estelle cut down the summary instead of beating around the bush.

     "Not really, Brenden has been moping around the house so he hasn't gone out. Bet he's too ashamed to admit the details since he was drunk that night."Kiki shook her head and once again she had to deal with her brother's antics.