Chapter 13

Savannah's expression turned into a scowl as she remembered what Mr. Hernandez did before they parted ways. He kidnapped Charlie, and she was going to confront him for that.

Turn out, Mr. Hernandez was late. He didn't come by lunch time as Andrew asked Savannah to have lunch with him. Savannah immediately agreed. Mr. Hernandez wouldn't hide from a mere woman like her, right?

Savannah took a bite out of her meal, then narrowed her eyes at a certain someone sitting quite far from their table. Her expression turned into a glare as she noticed another familiar person with him, a girl.

Andrew raised her eyebrow at the glaring Savannah, he followed where her stare was directed at, and frowned. "What's wrong?"

Savannah eyes flickered from the couple, and turned towards Andrew. She debated between snitching on their new secretary or just let him be. Secrets don't stay hidden forever, right?

"Do you think David Newman is a good secretary?" To be honest, she was still quite pissed with him for making her did his errand while he enjoyed his time with some girls.

"David Newman?" Andrew paused for a second. "He is pretty capable of handling Lucas's piling work for him, but he is also lazy."

"Oh." Savannah nodded in contemplation while playing with the straw of her juice. From the corner of her eyes, Savannah noticed another two girls joined David's table, making her scoff.

Andrew raised his eyebrow at the woman in front of her, amusement lining in his eyes.

"He is going to be fired."

Savannah's head snapped at Andrew's sudden words. She regard him with restrained excitement. "Really? How do you know? Did 'that man' tell you?"

By that man, Savannah meant Mr. Hernandez. Andrew had already know that. Savannah was pretty honest with him about their boss, not bothering to hide her dislike towards him in front of Andrew.

"Just see." Andrew smirked.

**

Savannah was absolutely and utterly happy to see Charlie standing near the receptionist desk as she stepped inside. She wasted no time to approach the man, her face showing one of surprise. "Charlie?"

Charlie smiled at the woman, motioning her to sit down. Savannah obeyed, and immediately turned to face the man. "Are you okay? What that man did to you?"

Charlie nodded at her reassuringly, making Savannah sigh in relief. "I thought that man brought you back to that restaurant. I was about to wake you up, but he suddenly went back inside the car and speeding fast before I could do that."

A few of the employees passing by, throwing Charlie a curious and suspicious look. That did make him feel nervous, but he tried to ignore that. Like what Savannah did.

The woman was grinning as she did her work. Charlie was there the whole time, analyzing how she scribbled down notes and made some calls. Also, taking care of the visitors and other works.

Savannah would ask questions to know more about Charlie, using the kind of question that only required a yes and no answer. Charlie just needed to shake his head or nodding.

Until at some point, Charlie let out some strangled noise that almost resembled a a laugh at Savannah's words. Savannah looked at him in surprise, making Charlie grin in return.

"Your throat is getting better?" Savannah was happy at the development.

Charlie nodded at her. Savannah asked again, "How?"

Charlie hold up a pen, then making a writing gesture in the air. Savannah nodded at his intention, searching a paper, and giving it at him.

Charlie shakily write down something while Savannah resumed her work. She noticed that it may had been a long time since Charlie did a handwriting. His writing was also not very clear, Savannah sometimes found herself have to spell the words to make out what he meant.