Chapter 7

Savannah's eyes shot open in alarm. She couldn't move her body! Still in her slightly sleepy state, she tried again to thrash around, forcing what seemingly to be a heavy weight off her body.

Savannah stopped for a moment, she blinked her eyes to adjust to the faint light coming from the dashboard car. As her eyes finally regained its eyesight back, she frantically looking around.

Suddenly, a loud scream was heard throughout the entire region, scaring a few birds away as they flew from the trees nearby.

Mr. Hernandez's own eyes shot awake upon the noise, he immediately went into action as he frantically exited the passenger seat and forced open the car backseat.

Two person stumbled out of the car, Savannah luckily was on top of the much bigger man, so that her small frame wouldn't get crushed.

Savannah groaned as she tried to stand up. The man below her struggled to pull his body up as well, looking at the two people in front him with alarm as he could only stood still in his place. Savannah shot him an annoyed look, cleaning her clothes from any dirt that clung into the piece fabric.

Mr. Hernandez assess the man in front of them. Judging by his appearance, he may be a homeless man. His clothes was torn on some places as dirt clung into his skin. He didn't even bother cleaning himself like Savannah did from their fall to the forest ground just now.

"Who are you?" Mr. Hernandez got a frown into his face, his expression was hard as he tried to interrogate the stranger.

The man looked nervous, he didn't even dare to lift his eyes to meet with Mr. Hernandez's. Savannah didn't know what to do about the whole situation. She just gazed back and forth between the two of them, frowning.

The man still didn't answer as Mr. Hernandez stern voice was heard again, demanding the dirty looking man to answer his question. Savannah who was standing near the man suddenly heard a small growl of stomatch. She flickered her eyes at the homeless man, who looked like he wanted to rub his empty stomatch.

Savannah felt a pang of pity. She imagined if he was her own father, and...

Savannah shook her head. Out of nowhere, she suddenly dragged the man into the car, surprising everyone that was present there, even herself. But, that still didn't stop her.

Mr. Hernandez followed suit, a bit surprised to what she was doing, was she that crazy? This man practically came out of nowhere with no certain identity and he could be a criminal or a murderer for all he knew.

He shot her a look, but Savannah didn't care to look at him even the slightest. The man's face held surprise and gratefulness as he accept Savannah's bag of biscuit. He nodded vehemently, smiling at her.

Savannah felt a sudden of warmth seeping into her entire body. She was smiling genuinely right now. That bag of biscuit wasn't a big deal to her, but this man accept it with so much gratefulness that made her felt touched.

Mr. Hernandez just silent the entire time. Then, he just sighed, letting the man to stay inside his car, although still keeping the watchful eyes on his figure. He didn't even mind the dirt that would smear in his leathered seat. His nephew often dirtied it anyway.

Savannah was also back leaning on her back, relaxing herself as she watched the man eating happily.

"Do you mind telling me your identity, Sir?" Mr. Hernandez tried again, this time the words sounded more polite.

The stranger stopped eating for a moment, then he shook his head. Mr. Hernandez frowned at him, he glanced up at Savannah who was wearing a confused expression. The man gestured towards his throat, shaking his head again.