― 14. baba yaga

Start from the beginning

   John bent down and scooped her up with ease, and pressed his lips to hers. Her fingers ran through his hair as she smiled into the kiss, butterflies fluttering in her stomach between the passion they shared. She was melting into him feeling all the love in the world radiating off him. Their lips moving in unison, and a fight for dominance ensued as John slid his tongue into her mouth. A swarm of emotion made her pull away in a fit of giggles, staring into his eyes which crinkled as he smiled back.

   "Mmm John, back to the hotel?" she tugged at his Henley with a gleaming look in her eyes.

   "Not too bad of an idea little one," he cooed, lacing their fingers together as he let her go, "let's get going."

   Kaitlyn beamed up at him with admiration as she started to drag him back towards their hotel which was alongside the beach. The night sky enveloped them as they walked hand in hand. Moments like these, getting to share them with the man she loved were precious. If anyone had asked if they'd have a future like this over three years ago; she'd have said no. But here they were. "hey John?"

   "Yes?"

   "I'm so happy, with you ya know. The fact that, we're here and living a normal life. It makes me happy for you too, like everyday-"

   "I'm grateful to be with you too and not having to..." his voice drifted off as he stopped himself before bringing up his past, which seemed like a whole other life now.

   "Was I really worth it?"

   "Worth what?"

   "You leaving that life, for me?"

   "I did and it was worth it." John stopped walking and pulled her back so she'd stop too, "Every thing I've gone through up until I met you.. made this possible even if I don't deserve you in the slightest. I've done horrible things and did even more so I could have a future with you. For the first time, I feel like I truly have a life."

   Kaitlyn's eyes went to the water as she smiled happily to herself. He wasn't one to share his feelings in that way or get candid with her right off the bat. It took time for John to open up, and even after four years he still continued to surprise her, "I'm glad that, that life's with me."

   They continued to make their way to the hotel taking in their surroundings. Silence wasn't awkward between them, they didn't need to always talk. John just stared at her adoringly as she seemed so content which made him so as well, "Katie,"

   "Huh?"

   "The first time I ever saw you on stage I fell in love with you."

   She looked at him with flushed cheeks. Had he told her this before? "How? You didn't even know me."

   "Well I wanted to know you, and here we are."

   "Such a sweetheart." John looked breathtaking today; his hair is a little longer than usual and she liked it. His face is free of all cuts and scrapes, as it had been now for a long time and it made her unbelievably happy. His toned arms look soft, but also like they could crush her with ease. Eyes so warm and dark, she could stare into them forever. His lips are plump and pink, perfect for kissing. Kaitlyn saw the way people looked at John, he's beautiful and she could never blame them for staring. She did all the time.

   He laughed and reached out for her, "like what you see?" he immediately leaned down to capture her in a sweet and tender kiss as the sun finally fell down below the ocean.