― 05. six months time

***violence warning

six months since they met

               JOHN AND Kaitlyn are friends- but not quite. They're stuck in this weird cycle. She sees him at least once a week, maybe more when he stops by and surprises her, and they talk a lot on the phone. He tries to avoid her after a job when he's banged up and bloody for a day or two. There's quite the connection between them; from the way they can stay up and talk for hours, to having similar interests in the smallest of things- like soulmates. The closeness of whatever they are allow John to keep tabs on her and make sure she's always safe, because people in his world are starting to find out there's a special someone. And John Wick will be damned if anything's going to happen to her.

   Feelings are clearly there between the two of them, but Kaitlyn doesn't want to jump in to something too fast, and John doesn't want to hurt her. He also doesn't want to lose what they have as of now, he can't risk not getting to see her smile or hear her play the cello anymore. Because technically, he is lying to her; leaving out an important aspect of his life. Which, he has no idea how he's been able to keep it so hidden.. maybe it's because everything else is the truth except, there's no reason not to trust him, he hopes.

   John attends as many of her performances as he can. Her friends refer to him as her boyfriend, he even overhead them talking once. He's an important person in her life he knows that much but he wants to officially be her man. If anyone's going to be able to protect her from this world, and love her to their full capabilities it's him.

   He's certainly head over heels, madly in love with her, and because of her he can't think straight anymore. Little did he realize is that she's the same way.

   "Haven't seen you looking so deep in thought for awhile." Addy, a bartender at the Continental, says. She watched as John Wick took a seat at the bar without a word and just sat there. Normally he gives a hello first but this time he's quiet, "and here at 1 p.m."

   "Well haven't had anything to think this deeply about." he sighs,

   "Bad job?"

   "No."

   "Well what sorta drink you want?"

   "Bourbon."

   John and Addy have a friendship outside of him being an assassin and her a bartender. He helped her once, saved her life, which lead to her coming to the Continental. She looks at him as a protector and if he's going through something she at least wants to try to help, "of course."