Twenty-Two

All of the Death Eaters got arrested in Azkaban, as well as their leader, Tom Gaunt. It was one of the biggest arrestments in Azkaban history, or so it was said on the Daily Prophet that Malfoy was reading at work. It was a quiet evening, the job time was almost over. After work, they went to the hospital to visit their friends who were recovering from the injuries of the battle. Jeongin was recovering from his broken ribs, Ella was still in a deep sleep and Felix was still crippled from the curse that immobilized his legs. Alese got out earlier and went to the Auror Office to wait for her husband and Chan. When they got out, Changbin, Seungmin, and Minho were already waiting for them to go to the hospital. As they got there, they asked for the rooms of each one of their friends. Ella's Room was four hundred and twenty-four, Jeongin's four hundred and thirty-one and Felix's was five hundred and one. They went to Jeongin's first. The poor guy was awake but in pain. His chest was covered in bandages and he couldn't move too much, but despite the pain, the boy smiled to their friends as they were entering the room.

"How are you?" Chan asks.

"Well, I'm whole again." Jeongin jokes about it, but moans of pain right after.

"Yeah, I can see that." Changbin comments, as everyone starts to chuckle, "When will you recover completely?"

"It will take a while..." Jeongin gives the news without the same energy as before.

"Well, I'll catch a Snitch for you!" Minho tries to cheer up his friend.

"Only if I don't let you get hit by a bludger..." Seungmin whispers loudly, giggling.

"Did you hear anything about Ella's state? No comments from the doctors?" Alese asks, impatiently.

"Nothing... They say that it was like she was stuck in time and that they were doing some research on it." Jeongin reveals all he heard about the deep sleep state of Ella.

"That sounds familiar... Didn't Dumbledore used a spell with the same effects on the Triwizard Tournament?" Alese remembers, from back in their days at Hogwarts.

"Now that you mention it, he did, with the hostages of the second task." Malfoy describes the precise moment when that spell was used by the ex- Headmaster.

"I'll send a letter to Yejun, he can have something on their books or even on the records of the competition." Changbin offers himself to help.

They continued to talk about other subjects, keeping Jeongin updated with what he has been missing from out there. There wasn't much to talk about, just the arrestment of the Death Eaters and how peaceful the days have been since that. After a moment of silence, Jeongin gets thoughtful and eventually overthinks something that makes him sad. Alese noticed, and as the other boys were talking to each other, she got closer to the bed and sat by Jeongin's side.

"What's wrong? What's on your mind?" Alese asks, concerned about Jeongin.

"I couldn't save her..." Jeongin gets hard on himself, "What if he had succeeded? He was going to kill me like I was nothing..."

"They used her as a bait, they were more than us and stronger. Don't blame yourself, you did everything you could to save her." Alese tries to give reasons to justify Jeongin's loss against Tom.

"My everything wasn't enough, not for me, not for her..." Jeongin sighed and buried his face on the pillow, "When I want to save someone, I always end up being saved."