My laptop started ringing, the annoying Skype sound echoing through the room. I pulled it over to the table on front of me and pressed accept. Sal's unmasked face popped up on the screen.

"Hey, baby!" He said, cheerfully. "How was your first full week?"

I smiled, "Great. What about yours?"

"Boring." He laughed. "What are you up to?" He asked. He looked down at his phone for a moment and then back at me.

"Just my normal Friday night routine with Alex." I said, looking over the computer at Alex, who had chocolate all over her face.

"Whaddup bruhski?" She said loudly.

"Hey, hey, hey." He replied. He chuckled. "Did you want me to let you go?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nah, I can talk for a little."

°
"Backstreets back - alright!" Alex sang out the window of the Jeep. People stared as we drove inside the Nockfell city limits.

On weekends, Alex and I usually went back to Nockfell to hang out with everyone. I'd be at the house, and she would more than likely be back at the apartments with Larry.

Right now, their relationship is on a benefits only level, but from what I knew, they were okay with that. I pulled in the parking lot of the apartments and watched as she hopped out and walked inside.

Once I got home, I noticed no cars in the driveway, which was strange. Neil was more than likely at work, but usually Todd and Sal would be home. I shrugged it off and went inside, taking my bag to my room.

Gizmo greeted inside the bedroom door with a soft meow. He stood up and stretched, then he trotted over to where I was, begging for a few pets. I turned the TV on and watched some YouTube while I waited for Sal to get home.

°

It was 9 am and I was disturbed by Sal's snoring. I threw the covers off of my body and stood up, throwing on a pair of sweatpants before leaving the bedroom.

"Good morning!" Neil's chipper voice said from the dining area. He sat at the table with a cup of coffee, as well as a couple slices of toast. "Coffees hot if you want some."

I smiled and rubbed my eye, "Thanks." I poured myself a cup with my needed extras before sitting down across from him. "Whatcha reading?" I asked.

"Oh, just the news." He said, locking his phone. "Hows school?" He asked. Neil was a good friend. He didn't talk much, but he did like to have a good conversation with you every once in a while.

"Pretty good." I replied. "How about you?"

"It's going swell." He replied. "Sal told me your dad's wedding is in the works. Did they set a date?"

I thought for a moment and shook my head, "I don't think so. I'm supposed to go with Melissa to shop for her dress, so maybe I'll ask."

When Melissa was younger, she was told she wouldn't be able to have any kids. She said she feels a close bond to me, over the short time. She told me she always wanted children. She wanted a boy and a girl. She had names picked out and everything, and when her and her first husband tried, nothing worked.

Neil smiled, "Melissa is a good person. I'm really happy for your dad."

"Thanks." I smiled, "I am too."

"So, how did he propose?" He asked, "I'm a sucker for a good proposal."

"Well, from what he told me, they went on a hike and they found this little waterfall and while she was taking pictures, he just got down on one knee and when she turned around, he said she like instantly started crying."

He smiled, "That's adorable. What's your dream proposal?" He asked. "Mines a picnic under the stars. We'd have fancy food and we would watch the stars for a while, and then he'd just ask." He smiled.

"You know," I said, "I've never really thought about it. I don't think I have a "dream" one, I guess." I laughed. "I think just being spontaneous would be nice. I don't want to think it's coming, so like a big fancy dinner is a no no, or a luxury trip." I laughed. "Also, I pegged you to be the proposer, not the proposiee." I chuckled.

"I do come off that way, don't I?" He laughed. "I dunno, maybe I would propose if it felt right." He said. He looked at his watch and stood up. "Well, I gotta head to my parents for lunch with my grandma. I'll catch ya later." He said, putting his empty cup in the dishwasher.

I finished my cup and stuck it in the dishwasher as well, before going back to bed and crawling in. I opened my phone and decided to read something for a little while until Sal woke up.

Once I recovered myself, an arm wrapped around my body. "Morning." Sal said, his voice groggy. "How long you been up?"

"About a half hour." I said, looking down at him. His eyeless eye was closed, and his other barely open, adjusting to the sunlight peering though the window. He smiled at me before laying his head on my stomach.

"Whatcha reading?" He asked.

"Nothing, yet." I laughed, ruffling his hair. "Are you going back to sleep?"

"I think so." He said. It didn't take long for his breathing to even out and his soft snores to return.

°

"Okay, so," I heard from the back seat of my car, "Your hair does grow, but since you don't trim it, your ends die and break off, making it seem like you're hair isn't growing anymore." Alex said to Larry.

"No." Larry said. "I don't think that's how that works."

"That is how that works, Larry." I replied.

"What the fuck." 

We were all in the Jeep on the way to the mall. It was just a fun pass time when there's nothing to do in the area. A Sanity's Fall song played in the background, picked obviously by Larry.

While we were there, Alex and I we're gonna meet up with Melissa to help her pick out her wedding dress. The boys were just going to go off and do whatever they wanted during that time.

I pulled into a parking space and shut the car off, making sure everyone rolled their windows up. We all got out and made our way through the front doors. I texted Melissa and she said she was already there.

"Okay, time to split." I replied. I walked over and gave Sal a kiss on his prosthetics cheek before heading off in the direction of the bridal store.

We walked in and Melissa sat on a pink couch waiting for us.

[Sal's POV]

"So, what's up with you and Alex?" Larry asked. "You're not cheating on (Y/N) are you?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

I looked at him, "Do you really think I would do that?"

"Dude, I dunno. People do stupid shit. But you two have been sneaking around about stuff." He said as we walked towards the music store.

"Larry, I can assure you I'm not cheating."

"Then why are you sneaking around, texting her after (Y/N)'s gone to sleep?" He asked, prodding farther into it. I wanted to tell Larry, but sometimes he's a blabber mouth, but, maybe he won't be about this.

"I'm going to ask (Y/N) to marry me."