11. Congrats

°11. Congrats

We were at the hospital getting Sal's nose checked out. I sat in the waiting room with his dad. My dad was circling around trying to find a parking space.

"I'm sorry." I said to Henry. The only sounds around us were people coughing and phones ringing.

"Why are you sorry, sweetie?" He asked, patting my shoulder. "None of this was your fault. You didn't know that guy was going to come there like that, and you didn't know Sal was going to try and protect you."

I sighed, "But he still got hurt." 

"This isn't Sal's first broken nose, believe me. He will be okay, I promise." He said, chucking. It was silent again. After a few minutes he spoke up, "You make my son very happy."

"Your son makes me happy too." I replied as my dad walked through the sliding doors.

"I can't believe that this place would have this little parking." He sat down in the empty chair beside Henry. "He doing okay?"

"Oh yeah," Henry nodded, "They'll just readjust it and put that little brace on and he'll be ready to go."

"It sounds like you've done this before."

"Once or twice." Henry said, "Sal was bullied a lot in school, at least until we moved here. People here don't seem to mind him as much as they did back in New Jersey." He sighed. "I'm glad he has such good friends. He didn't have that his entire life. So I'm really grateful for all you kids."

I smiled at him. Sal was finally done and he was walking out of the room, heading our way. His baseball cap in his hand and his other moving the mask around on his face. "Hey." He said, stopping in front of us. "I'm done."

"Okay, we will go get the car, you two wait here." Henry said, getting up and motioning for my dad to follow. 

"Huh? Oh! Okay." He got up and followed Henry outside. 

"I'm sorry about your nose." I said as Sal sat down beside me. "I hope its not too bad."

"It's pretty broken." He laughed. "The doctor saw my medical history and told me I needed to stop getting into so many fights."

I made a weird squeal of embarrassment, shoving my face in my hands. "I'm so so so sorry, Sal. I'm a terrible friend."

He shook his head, "No you're not!" He chuckled, "You're one of the best friends I've ever had. Yeah, your psychotic boyfriend clocked me in the face, so what? At least it wasn't you."

"I wish it would've been me."

I saw the Jeep pull up and Sal stood up, "Don't say that." 

We walked to the car and the ride was quiet, no one really talked. The only sound was the soft music in the background. When we made it home, Henry and Sal decided to head home, so Sal could rest for a little bit, plus they had to go get his pain medication.

"Hey Sal," I said as he opened the car door.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. For protecting me. It was really nice of you to do that."

"Anytime, (Y/N)." He said. He gave me a slight wave and hopped in the car. 

I walked in the house and just went to my bedroom and laid down, wrapping myself in a blanket. I pulled my phone out and saw a text or two from the group chat.

Ash: (Y/N) Whats wrong??? I saw the police and ambulance come to your house!! Are you okay??
Me: Well..
Ash: Oh god you're okay thank god.
Me: I'm okay, Sal not so much..
Me: okay that was worse than is sounds he's okay, but his nose is broken.
Todd: Wait, what happened?? How did he break his nose?
Me: Well Derrick was stalking me
Larry: Like the day we were at the mall??
Me: Yeah, I guess so..
Todd: But what does that have to do with it?
Me: He texted me freaking out, accusing me of cheating with sal and he came to my house and freaked out, screaming cussing all that. 
me: when he saw sal he FLIPPED SHIT and came at me
me: like shoved my dad and grabbed me 
Ash: WTFF
Larry: holy fuck!
Todd: How did sal get hurt?
Me: Well he hit Derrick so he would get off me and then he came back and punched sal straight in the face and broke his nose. he was bleeding everywhere
Larry: How did he not beat the shit out of you two?
Me: my dad hit him in the leg with a baseball bat to get him to stop and then the cops came
Todd: hopefully they arrested him!!
Me: yeah they did.
Sal: hey guys im okay
Larry: Thank god.
Todd: is it really bad?
Sal: Nah, probably the least bad one I've had so far
Ash: Do you just break your nose often?
Sal: I have. i had that operation to fix your nose so you can breathe.
Todd: Rhinoplasty 
Sal: Yeah that one
Me: I'm sorry sal
Sal: omg (y/n) you're fine!! pls stop apologizing
Sal: this is probably the 35th time shes said sorry
Ash: I would be saying sorry too! that sucks guys :( if you need anything let me know
Ash: Also, sorry for setting you up with a shitty boyfriend.
Me: It's okay.. 
Larry: good now you can date me ;)
Sal: Too soon lar
Larry: i know ;( sorry
Me: you always know how to make me laugh
Larry: :)