5. Fuckin' Rager

°5. Fuckin' Rager°

"Hey, bug, wake up." My dad said, turning the light on in my bedroom. "I wanna try and be on the way by 8:30."

"Okay." I said, groggily. The group chat kept me up past 2, even though I wasn't replying. I was in the comfiest spot and I wasn't going to move from it. So, I left the phone on vibrate.

I sat up and stretched. My back cracked slightly and I slouched forward. A yawn snuck up on me and I rubbed my eye. Today I was just gonna wear some sweatpants and another sweatshirt. I checked the group chat really quick to see what I missed.

Larry: so, I texted a few people and it's gonna be a party
Ash: who's all gonna be there
Larry: basically half the class
Sal: great
Ash: how'd you manage that
Larry: I told them the new girl was gonna be there and idk why everyone likes her but
Sal: you probably should have let her know you were gonna use her as a pawn
Larry: dude this is our first party c'mon
Todd: as long as no one gets in a fight I'm cool
Ash: yeah I'm not punching Travis in the face again
Larry: no worries. Dress your best cause it's gonna be the biggest rager ever!
Sal: you're literally gonna play sanity falls really loud and call it a rager
Larry: it's lit tho

"Bug, you ready?"

"Yeah! Coming!" I shouted, putting my shoes on before coming out to the living room.

Me: So I'm excited to party ngl
Ash: Why are you up already?
Me: why are you?
Ash: I haven't gone to bed yet 😂
Me: fuck dude.
Ash: and you're up because???
Me: well I'm grocery shopping with my dad.
Larry: lame
Me: good morning to you too.
Ash: why are you up?
Larry: idk just woke up.
Me: lit
Ash: you guys say that a lot
Me: cause it's lit.
Larry: yeah it's lit Ash get with it

"Who are you texting at this hour?" Dad asked, grabbing my attention away from my phone.

"Oh, it's a group chat with Ash and her friends from school."

"Now that's not gonna cost me extra, is it?" He asked.

I squinted at him, "We have unlimited texting, dad."

He laughed, "But how much group chat text do we have." He said, giving me a playful punch. My dad was actually very tech savvy, and I'm upset it took me this long to realize he was giving me shit.

"I hate you sometimes."

"I know, bug." He smiled, turning on his turn signal and pulling into the parking lot of some strangely named grocery store. "You wanna grab a cart and I'll grab a cart?" He asked, opening the door to the car, sliding out. "We can get just a bunch of stuff."

"Sounds like a plan. Hey Dad, can I go over to Ash's friend Larry's place today?"

"You're almost 18, you don't really have to ask to go anywhere, but thanks for thinking of me. Will Ash be there?"

"Yes." I replied, pulling on a cart. "It's just gonna be the group and a couple extra friends."

"Yeah, I don't see any problem with that. Just let me know if you need me to pick you up or anything." A clutter sounded from the cart as dad threw in a frozen pizza. "Also, no releasing pent up-"

"My female frustration, I know dad. I'm not a ho bag." I said slightly too loud as a mother and her kids looked my way. I gave them an apologetic look and we moved past them.

"I wasn't calling you a... A ho bag..." His face was puzzled as he said the words ho and bag, "I just know that you're a teenager and sometimes teenagers do things.."